Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Jack Scorpion, May 17, 2005.

1. dh66

dh66

Outstanding boots TipTop!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

2. Orangegrad

Orangegrad Practically Family

Next Friday we take off for a week's stay in New Mexico. Our family has been looking forward to the trip for a while now. I figure I'll take a couple fedoras - including this VS Anasazi - and a couple pair of boots. Some of my Native American jewelry, and probably one or two of my pocket knives.

Along with Art's Anasazi are my Dan Post snip toes, a Tommy Singer spiny oyster bolo, a spiny oyster ring, and a Case standard jig lockback.
    IMG_0836.jpg

3. dh66

dh66

Excellent! I dig the stitching on the foot. Looks like you're well prepared for the trip. Enjoy!!

And post lots of pix.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

4. TipTop

TipTop Practically Family

Just don't be shocked by how FEW people wear boots out there. I was, but it was my first visit and we were in town (SantaFe, ABQ, Taos, etc.). But honestly, I did see more boots there than in--of all places--ElPaso! Enjoy your trip and send us some e-postcards.

5. Orangegrad

Orangegrad Practically Family

We're actually not going to the more trendy places up north in NM. We'll be very far south, near the Mexico border - in the Organ Mountains of Las Cruces. A very different culture than Santa Fe. We'll also be riding horses for the first time in our lives. Should be interesting.

I'll also be taking normal shoes in case my boots don't fit in.

6. RJR

RJR

If your schedule allows;slip into AZ.The other Optimo Hat Works is in Bisbee,you pass through Tombstone to get there.More time:don't miss Tubac,just south of Tucson.

7. Chinaski

Chinaski One Too Many

This thread needs a bump...anyone got any new boots to show off?

8. TipTop

TipTop Practically Family

Thought you'd never ask.....Last week, I scored a pair of J.B. Hill Sonomas in black French calf on ePrey for $285 (now $900) with bags and box. I've worn them since they arrived, and that's about 6 hours more than were on them from a wedding they were bought for. Very comfortable and traditional.[​IMG]

9. dh66

dh66

Hard to go wrong with the basic black boot. Good find TipTop.

10. dh66

dh66

[​IMG]
    Ariat - hecho en Mexico - just got these for my wife for her birthday. They're made the old fashioned way, not with the sneaker soles. Too bad they don't put out anything on this level for men.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

11. Nice dh..!!
    HD

12. dh66

dh66

Thanks. She was pretty happy with 'em.

13. strokes1251

strokes1251 Practically Family

Nice!! Awesome design and colorway. :D

14. dh66

dh66

Thanks Strokes

15. ingineer

ingineer One Too Many

Lucchese Smooth ostrich
    [​IMG]
    Richard

16. dh66

dh66

Very nice.

17. frussell

frussell One Too Many

dh66 - I used to have a pair that your wife's reminded me of. They used to belong to Montie Montana, an old trick roper and actor (did the indoor roping scene in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance), who was a good friend of my grandfather's. I grew out of them, as he was a small guy, and I'm not, but I'd give anything to have them now just to put on display. Similar inlay style to yours, but with red, white and blue, and almost knee length. They were made by Paul Bond, so really put together to last. They got lost in a move, and left in a damp garage to rot. If you look up photos of Montie leading the Rose Parade in years past, he is sometimes wearing the same boot. I wish Ariat made those in men's as well. Frank.

18. dh66

dh66

Don't we both!

Great story..hate to hear about the loss. Those sure would have been cool just to have sitting on the mantle or somewhere.

19. dh66

dh66

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the crappy photo. Just finished putting up some cheap*ss shelves to hold the boots. About half of these belong to the Mrs.
    I'm pretty lucky that she's into 'em as much as me, that way I don't have to hear too much grief if I get a new pair.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  20. 1mach1

1mach1

Holy crap, Dale! Nice collection!!! :eusa_clap