Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CPO Shirt

mattfink

Practically Family
Chief Petty Officers Shirt - Dark Blue - Lightweight fabric either wool or gabardine. The only ones I can find are Melton Wool and for winter wear.

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
I may be all wet but I thought they were supposed to have a bit of heft. Not Coat weight but a bit of warmth. I bought mine from filson and have been very happy with it. I love the hidden button detail on the pockets. It's heavy for a shirt but a bit light for a jacket.

I where mine on those fall and spring evenings when I want a little something. Of course I where it around the house- If I don't have on one of my Filson vests. -- love me some filson vests.

All the best,

CH

mattfink

Practically Family
ClothesHorse said:
I may be all wet but I thought they were supposed to have a bit of heft. Not Coat weight but a bit of warmth. I bought mine from filson and have been very happy with it. I love the hidden button detail on the pockets. It's heavy for a shirt but a bit light for a jacket.

I where mine on those fall and spring evenings when I want a little something. Of course I where it around the house- If I don't have on one of my Filson vests. -- love me some filson vests.

All the best,

CH

I'm no expert, but the WWII versions I've seen were more of a wool/gabardine vs. heavy wool. Filson's stuff is pretty top quality, so I'll take a look at their website!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ