Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crazy?????

JCBurns

Familiar Face
OK, So I was sitting in the local wateringhole tonight. This young man sits down next to me and he just NEEDS a hat! So I gave him this one.... am I crazy or what? But he really needed a hat! :) I mean, I actually got up from the bar, drove home and got this. Am I crazy or what?!
stetson2.jpg

But the dude really needed a good lid! And yes, I simply GAVE it to him! And can I just say...he
looked good with it on! He got all sorts of compliments!

JCBurns

LOL

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
I wish someone would just get up and give me a free hat. Oh well. You did a great thing tonight... well, yesterday actually. Whatever.

A true gentleman.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hellava Guy !

JCBurns said:
OK, So I was sitting in the local wateringhole tonight. This young man sits down next to me and he just NEEDS a hat! So I gave him this one.... am I crazy or what? But he really needed a hat! :) I mean, I actually got up from the bar, drove home and got this. Am I crazy or what?!
stetson2.jpg

But the dude really needed a good lid! And yes, I simply GAVE it to him! And can I just say...he
looked good with it on! He got all sorts of compliments!

JCBurns

LOL

... now, just where is it you tend to drink?

ClayBob

New in Town
Yass, Where exactly do you drink, friend? I feel sure we could fill the place with Loungers looking for lids. A kind act on your part to be sure.:eusa_clap

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
First: You are truly a gentleman of the first degree.

Second: I have done what you did (but with a uniquely handcrafted ring). Therefore, I know the experience of being the one blessed to do what needs to be done just because it needs to be done and one is in a position to do it. If that is crazy, then sanity is indeed overrated!

Third: Where exactly did you say you do your drinking?

{Note to self:
do not wear a hat;
do not wear a hat,:eusa_doh:
DO NOT WEAR A HAT :eek:
okay, just remember to leave the hat in the car.;) }​

Interesting people.

Truly interesting people are passionet about things in their life.
Good people know that the best thing in the world is in sharing fine things with others.

Here is an example of both. With a little luck we may just see a new guy join us in this Ferdora Fraternity.

Best wishes and good show!:eusa_clap

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After I started wearing hats again, a good friend mentioned that he had a hard time finding a hat that fit him.

He didn't know his size, but mentioned that a 7-5/8 was too tight on him. I filed that away in my memory, and many months later happened upon a 7-3/4 Dobbs brown stingy brim on the 'Bay. This was a week before Christmas 2006, and it must be a slow time for auctions because this one wasn't getting any bids.

I put in a lowball bid at the end and won. It arrived after Christmas and needed a good brushing and re-shaping. I got it into shape and gave it to him, with a speech prepared to the effect of "Just try it, see if it fits, and if you don't like it I'm sure I can find a buyer for it since it's such a rare size."

Turns out the speech wasn't necessary, he loved it at first sight and he wears it every day. He plays blues guitar, so the stingy brim works just fine. Now there are two hat guys at my job, and I'll bet we spread the bug some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto