Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creighton- Junk or gold?

cptjeff

Practically Family
I found a Creighton hat at the thrift store the other day, A little beat up but workable. I think it dates to 1965, but I'm not perfectly sure.

Anyway, is it a good brand or a junk one? The "comfort quality" felt seems pretty similar to a royal stetson I have of similar vintage, though worn in a few places.

Just trying to figure out what I've got. Anyone know anything about the brand? Search turns up all of two passing references.

cptjeff

Practically Family
It's in the freezer undergoing moth prevention measures right now. Nothing too special though, standard 60's hat, color listed as cordovan, looks like an oxblood. Not in the best shape, and the previous owner (a Mr. Elmo Cox), seems to have worn a fair amount of hair gel, so the liner is rather yellow even after cleaning. The logos on liner and sweat are both in good shape though, I'll try to get a shot of those.

cptjeff

Practically Family
Finally got around to taking pics about a week ago, finally posting them tonight:

Came as a pinch crown, decided to change it up a bit. Don't know if I'll stick with the porkpie.
P1010203.jpg

Liner and sweat:
P1010195.jpg

P1010194.jpg

Ed13

Familiar Face
A seller threw one in with another hat I had won on ebay a few years ago. I don't think it was ever worn. A pretty decent hat, probably sixties. Better than most today.

I had planned on selling the hat but when my mother's cat was hit by a car a neighbor made a cross for it so I gave him the hat as a thank you. I hear he wears the hat so it must be pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff