Cricket sweaters

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by STEVIEBOY1, Dec 9, 2010.

1. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

If anyone out there is interested, there is a firm in the uk called smart turnout who make wonderful wool traditional cricket sweaters, i just bought a long sleeved one and am considering getting another, they look and feel great. Much better than the cheaper man made fibre garments.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. STEVIEBOY1

If anyone out there is interested, there is a firm in the uk called smart turnout who make wonderful wool traditional cricket sweaters, i just bought a long sleeved one and am considering getting another, they look and feel great. Much better than the cheaper man made fibre garments.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. Warden

Warden One Too Many

Very interested, I was after a cricket jumper, but the ones I found had modern logos all over them.

Do you have a link to them?

Harry

4. Cobden

Cobden Practically Family

Shame they neither do my old school colours, nor "generic" colours (unless you go for a non white jumper, it seems). Not keen on flying under a false flag, as it were

5. STEVIEBOY1

Their website www.smartturnout.co.uk or just try via your search engine. They do other types of sweaters too, all look very good.

6. I Picked up a Brooks Brothers Cricket sweater with a Navy Blue & Bottle Green trim it was only $8.00 so I asume it is a fake

7. STEVIEBOY1

May I suggest that you for their special issue Help For Heros cricket pullover, then you would not be flying under false colours, and I presume that charity gets some money too.

8. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Thanks for the link.

I still have my club jersey and even my school jersey.

Smell a bit of moth balls but still in alright nick!

9. Aether

Aether One of the Regulars

You could also try http://www.clubcolours.co.uk/

Got my club jumper from them and they're very reasonably priced. it's very nicely made, 100% wool and you can tell them what colours you want on the trim. I believe they supply a few of the counties.

Whilst we're on the subject, is everyone enjoying the Ashes?!:p

10. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

Its safe for you fellows to wear them down under now, too!:D

11. Aether

You could give http://www.clubcolours.co.uk/cricket.html a try. They'll make up a jumper in whatever colours you want, they're very nicely made too, and I believe mine cost about £50.

It's a shame the England team don't wear traditional 'whites' and jumpers anymore, but as long as they keep winning who am I to complain!

12. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

Can you believe how well The POHMS are doing this year in The Ashes!! Great to see :) but too warm for woolies Down Under in December!

13. Aether

Yeah England are doing well, but the Aussie fielding has been awful and everyone knows 'catches win matches'!

14. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

You'll be able to time your watch on the speculation, bloodletting and recriminations in the press.

15. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I'm cricket mad and love the Ashes (don't be fooled by my location - I'm a Kiwi). I'm off to the MCG test with a few mates. Although I enjoy one dayers and Twenty20, I much prefer test cricket to limited over stuff.

Actually we might have to start a thread here for cricket, if there's the odd one like you Aether who enjoy it.

16. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Very much enjoy cricket, I didn't think a sports thread would be allowed. I'd like to read it if there is one though.

17. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Here you go Dav (and other enthusiasts of the gentleman's game), I started a cricket thread in the Observation Bar:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52713-Cricket-willow-and-leather

Please feel free to post anything cricket in there. I'm sure there's a few FLers who enjoy the game. And what with the Ashes on at the mo, there's a bit to talk about.

18. kellyj994

kellyj994 New in Town

Such a very amazing link!
    Thanks you for the post.

19. Flat Foot Floey

Flat Foot Floey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great link. I only own two cotton cricket sweater vests with no personal connection to the color. is this a double faux pas? Haha
    I also like some of the ralph lauren cricket sweaters.
    A custom sweater would be even better. I just dont like the color of my university (and have nothing to do with cricket)

20. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

The age old question of wearing something which infers membership or having being a former participant.

In terms of a cricket jumper Flat Foot Floey, I wouldn't worry, especially as you come from one of the non-cricketing playing nations. The difference is here (or in other cricketing nations) wearing a cricket jumper usually means you play, or at the least have played, and that often invites other cricketers to come up and have a chat, and that's where problems may arise considering the amount of cricketers, ex-cricketers and cricket enthusiasts wandering around in places such as this!

Saying that, I reckon wearing a jumper isn't as "serious" as wearing a regimental or old school tie, and I think you're safe from cricketing questioning in Germany!