Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crushable Stetsons at Dillards

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Dillards is now selling crushable Stetsons that have more of a vintage appearance. The crowns are tall and almost straight and the brimsare about 2 1/2 inches. They are pretty good for crushables but some don't hold creases very well. They come in brown and black. I recommend everybody check them out and give your two cents.
Jerry

Spats McGee

One Too Many
A couple of years ago, I saw some Stetsons at Dillard's here in Little Rock, as well. If memory serves (never a guaranteed thing with me), they were wool or maybe a wool blend and about $80. :eek:

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
I know exactly the ones you are referring to. I think they are only available in store, they are either $65 or $80(can't remember exactly) and 100% wool. They don't have a lining and I couldn't quite get it to hold a shape real well. Granted they aren't real expensive, but I think for that price just get an Akubra, much better quality and only a little more expensive. There is a world of difference between a wool hat and a rabbit fur hat, and then beaver.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Yep, dwebber, that's them. Maybe they were closer to $65, somewhere in that range. They didn't seem to be bad hats, but I thought they were overpriced. Besides, at that time, I was saving my sheckles for a fur felt hat, and the Australian dollar was dropping (IIRC). That meant that I could spent $65-80 for the wool Stetson, or $80-100 for a fur felt Akubra. I went with the Stylemaster.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the misspell

They come to about 62 dollars with the tax. Some don't hold very well but I managed to get one that does. Since I have such a big head (7 1/2) I feel more secure when I can try a hat on before I buy it and where I live my options are limited.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Who knows, gentleman; perhaps we're riding the front of a wave that will sweep department stores again? Fur felts and straws stocked at a local retailer don't seem as far off as they used to. ;)

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Well it seems like the last 3 years Dillard's has been stocking the current lines of Stetson straw hats in summer and Stetson wool hats in fall. As well as, their normal stock of stingy brim younger fellow hats. I would love to see a little resurgence.

BlackBrim

Familiar Face
jswindle2 said:
Dilliards is now selling crushable Stetsons that have more of a vintage appearance. The crowns are tall and almost straight and the brimsare about 2 1/2 inches. They are pretty good for crushables but some don't hold creases very well. They come in brown and black. I recommend everybody check them out and give your two cents.
Jerry
I was in Dillard's today.I saw the hats you are refering to.

garenb

New in Town
I snapped two quick shots before an associate asked me not to take photos in the store.

0918101613-01.jpg

0918101613-02.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
garenb said:
I snapped two quick shots before an associate asked me not to take photos in the store.

Jeez, they could have lost a sale... you may have been sending photos to a friend who may have had you buy it up for him. [huh]

Not half bad looking hats.

Randy

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
It's been a few years since I've been inside a Dillards, but I know several years ago, the local Dillards had a few brimmed hats for sale. I never looked closely at them, but from a distance they looked like they modern "punk" stingies. That's probably why I didn't check them out further.

garenb

New in Town
They were in a totally different section of the store than the modern stingys. They were tucked in among the socks and underwear lol!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
garenb said:
They were in a totally different section of the store than the modern stingys. They were tucked in among the socks and underwear lol!
Were they all wool felt? I wonder if the one here in the Florida mall has any...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
garenb said:

Hmm...maybe this is a fairly recent acquisition of theirs. Next time I'm in Dillards, whenever that is, I'll have to check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana