Crushable Stetsons at Dillards

Discussion in 'Hats' started by jswindle2, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

Dillards is now selling crushable Stetsons that have more of a vintage appearance. The crowns are tall and almost straight and the brimsare about 2 1/2 inches. They are pretty good for crushables but some don't hold creases very well. They come in brown and black. I recommend everybody check them out and give your two cents.
    Jerry

2. Jabos

Jabos A-List Customer

I too searched the Dillards online catalog but only found "punk" stingys.

3. Salty O'Rourke

Salty O'Rourke Practically Family

I recall seeing them at one of the larger Dillard's here last fall, just a few on a shelf by the caps, gloves and scarves.

4. Spats McGee

Spats McGee One Too Many

A couple of years ago, I saw some Stetsons at Dillard's here in Little Rock, as well. If memory serves (never a guaranteed thing with me), they were wool or maybe a wool blend and about $80. :eek:

5. dwebber18

dwebber18 One of the Regulars

I know exactly the ones you are referring to. I think they are only available in store, they are either $65 or $80(can't remember exactly) and 100% wool. They don't have a lining and I couldn't quite get it to hold a shape real well. Granted they aren't real expensive, but I think for that price just get an Akubra, much better quality and only a little more expensive. There is a world of difference between a wool hat and a rabbit fur hat, and then beaver.

6. Spats McGee

Spats McGee One Too Many

Yep, dwebber, that's them. Maybe they were closer to $65, somewhere in that range. They didn't seem to be bad hats, but I thought they were overpriced. Besides, at that time, I was saving my sheckles for a fur felt hat, and the Australian dollar was dropping (IIRC). That meant that I could spent $65-80 for the wool Stetson, or $80-100 for a fur felt Akubra. I went with the Stylemaster.

7. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

Sorry for the misspell

They come to about 62 dollars with the tax. Some don't hold very well but I managed to get one that does. Since I have such a big head (7 1/2) I feel more secure when I can try a hat on before I buy it and where I live my options are limited.

8. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

Who knows, gentleman; perhaps we're riding the front of a wave that will sweep department stores again? Fur felts and straws stocked at a local retailer don't seem as far off as they used to. ;)

9. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

10. dwebber18

dwebber18 One of the Regulars

Well it seems like the last 3 years Dillard's has been stocking the current lines of Stetson straw hats in summer and Stetson wool hats in fall. As well as, their normal stock of stingy brim younger fellow hats. I would love to see a little resurgence.

11. BlackBrim

BlackBrim Familiar Face

I was in Dillard's today.I saw the hats you are refering to.

12. RBH

RBH Bartender

I too saw them Sunday. Yep they are wool but had a very nice look to them.

13. garenb

garenb New in Town

I snapped two quick shots before an associate asked me not to take photos in the store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. theinterchange

theinterchange One Too Many

Jeez, they could have lost a sale... you may have been sending photos to a friend who may have had you buy it up for him. [huh]

Not half bad looking hats.

Randy

15. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

It's been a few years since I've been inside a Dillards, but I know several years ago, the local Dillards had a few brimmed hats for sale. I never looked closely at them, but from a distance they looked like they modern "punk" stingies. That's probably why I didn't check them out further.

16. garenb

garenb New in Town

They were in a totally different section of the store than the modern stingys. They were tucked in among the socks and underwear lol!

17. Rodkins

Rodkins Call Me a Cab

Were they all wool felt? I wonder if the one here in the Florida mall has any...

18. That first one isn't bad looking for a wool hat.

19. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

Hmm...maybe this is a fairly recent acquisition of theirs. Next time I'm in Dillards, whenever that is, I'll have to check it out.

20. theinterchange

theinterchange One Too Many

I'm going by the mall today, I'll check and let you know.

Randy