Custom Belts Horween/Hermann Oak/Sedgewick

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by FlatCap99, Jul 6, 2019.

1. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 Familiar Face

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of belts I have made for myself and others to see if any lounge members want a custom belt to go with a jacket...or just want a nice belt. Pretty much all of the belts I make are between 8-12oz single piece leather. I do a lot of Horween, Sedgewick, and Hermann Oak, but I do have some nice straps from Wicket & Craig as well. Belts are pretty much the only custom work I do simply because of sizing, but I attached some pics of the ones I have made myself. I can get most Horween CXL colors and I have quite a few straps of all brands on hand, but if there is a color you want I don't have, I can try and get it for you.

The pics below have a variety, but there is black, natural (custom buckle not included in costs below), and color 8 CXL represented as well as green Sedgewick, and black Hermann Oak

Almost every belt uses solid brass hardware unless I use copper. I can do stitching on all belts, but since it is all done by hand, the stitching costs more. Some reference pics are below as well as prices. There is a slight variation in the pricing just because of strap size and types varying a bit.

Belt with stitching - $150-$165 shipped CONUS paypal only
    Belt with no stitching - $70-$85 shipped CONUS paypal only

I will also ship international, but send me a message first since shipping would be a bit more.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Pdawg

Pdawg One of the Regulars

Nice belts. I think you may want to offer up some creased options. I find creased edges on the belt and on the keepers add a nice touch. Great work man.....if i didnt already own like 15 belts, I'd be in the market.

3. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 Familiar Face

Thanks Pdawg! Yeah, I actually just got my creasing machine last week, so I am working on nailing down the temperature levels I need to use for CXL/Bridle/Harness/Full Veg Tan leathers for best results. The creasing machine is my new favorite tool and I love using it for edge finishing as well. I have a feeling I will be creasing a lot more of my stuff in the near future :)

Cheers!

4. Pdawg

Yeah i agree the uk styled creased belts/straps look classy. Do you do stitching to single layer belts as more of a decorative feature? I am not really a fan of double layer stitched belts myself. Keep up the good work man!

5. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 Familiar Face

Thank you, sir!

Yes, the stitching is just for looks. I use 8-12oz 1 piece straps and hand stitch it all. I only use 2 pieces of thread for the whole thing, so it takes forever to do because you spend so much time pulling thread through the stitch holes. I typically use 1 3/4" straps on my own belts so I like the way it helps fill in the space.

6. Pdawg

Cool. Yeah i can only imagine stitching both ends of a strap and the labor involved. Post up your instagram if you got one?

7. FlatCap99

FlatCap99 Familiar Face

Unfortunately, I don't, but I may have one soon since it may be easier to share stuff with that.