Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom/MTM linen suit

D-503

Familiar Face
With the heat of the summer fully upon us (and plenty more to come), I think it's time for me to get a linen suit!

I have a Ralph Lauren linen jacket that I wear all the time (despite it not fitting properly), and it's absolutely perfect for the hot summer months, but I'd like a matching jacket and trousers (and single-breasted, for that matter)

IMAG0636.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

Rather than plunk down $200-$300 for an off-the-rack at J. Crew or whatnot, I'm leaning to having one made-to-measure.

I've taken a good long hard look at Magnoli, and I love the Nassau and Cairo suits, but Prince & Henry tailors in Thailand have been spoken highly of on the forums and they're a bit cheaper (around $325 vs. $400).

Then there's the local option -- since I'm in Minneapolis, I could go to Marty Mathis, but I don't know if I could afford it :(

So I'll throw it to the loungers -- can someone recommend a good source for a MTM linen suit?

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm leaning to having one made-to-measure.
It's really too late to order a summer suit to wear this season. You'd be lucky to take delivery (of something that fits well) by September. Winter is the time to make summer orders and vice versa.

D-503

Familiar Face
It's really too late to order a summer suit to wear this season. You'd be lucky to take delivery (of something that fits well) by September. Winter is the time to make summer orders and vice versa.

Yes, I was afraid of that, but A) there's always next year and B) it's convention season for me in the winter. Last year I was in Houston, the year before that San Diego and Washington -- and wool doesn't hold up well in those climes, even in winter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo