Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom neck ties and bow ties

WhiteBeard

New in Town
I was pondering this subject today, whether or not there are tailors or other artisans here or elsewhere who would be able to sew 1920's and 1930's style neck- and bow ties using custom fabrics?

I sometimes stumble across awesome vintage ties, but I would love to wear ties in a more "art deco" kind of patterned fabrics. Also, being able to source fabrics myself, I would have more possibilities to color match my outfits, which would be a great plus.

Any ideas?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Same here. Anyone who is interested in getting neckties made according to 1930s construction methods can PM me.

I'm in Germany, so this would be mostly for the EU Loungers, although shipping cost to and from the States is quite low.

At the moment I can only offer to make ties from fabrics supplied by you, or from finished ties (like modern ties or anything) which I would then take apart, press, re-cut and sew entirely anew.

Wool tie with frayed tip:

t5ngijb.jpg

Unlined wool tie with interlining only at the neck section:

u93FjJe.jpg

b8mwyZe.jpg

Handrolled edge, top side of large blade:

i89rDpd.jpg

Handrolled egde, bottom side:

gTj6ECJ.jpg

Closeup bottom side:

6h0hkOx.jpg

Knot length can be discussed, within the limits of the thickness of the fabric. It's a function of the tie's width at certain points.

ujZGcLD.jpg

QkKoKYM.jpg

qk9Xg7J.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points