Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom ordering questions...

riothamus

One of the Regulars
I hope some of you gentlemen can help me with some questions I have about ordering custom (tailored) garments. I don't have much experience with it. I've only ordered one thing custom made other than a hat, and that is a jacket.

Some back story. Jacket was ordered with set measurements. When the jacket arrived, all measurements were off by .5" to 1" and one or two was a little more than 1". So overall the jacket fit very snugly. So I contacted the maker and sent the jacket back for evaluation (I paid the return shipping).

The maker said a new jacket was needed, so I waited and finally received the replacement. Most of the measurements were fixed, but a few are still short by ~1/2". It also was supposed to have snaps on the front and it doesn't (the original did).

So my questions:
1) Should I have been on the hook for the return shipping? It seems to me that if the jacket arrived not to spec, that the maker should provide return shipping or refund me return shipping. I asked via email several times and only was told that the maker would cover shipping back to me. I never got a firm answer about the shipping back TO the maker.

2) How exact should the actual jacket be in regards to my supplied measurements? Is a variation of 1/2" normal? I assume that more than that isn't.

3) At this point I either need to send it back for the snaps to be added, possibily being out the shipping again, or I need to just take it as is. If I talk with the maker and just accept the jacket, should I ask for a partial refund or what?

Thanks,
Riothamus

dortiz

One of the Regulars
If its not to spec they should cover shipping. Regardless I would still pay to send it back and have the right jacket. In a few years thats all that will matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy