Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Vanson Daredevil, size M

deepestbluest

One of the Regulars
This jacket was a grail of mine for quite a long time, and I recently (finally) acquired one early last spring. It's totally on point in so many ways: the cut, the leather, and the style, as well as the custom pops (plaid lining and blackened zips). However, if I'm being honest with myself (and you fine gents) I've gotten a bit...thicker...throughout COVID, and it doesn't fit me as well as I'd like now. When I purchased it, it was meant to be more of a t-shirt jacket, but I've gotten broader to the point where there's just not enough range of motion for me to truly enjoy this jacket as fall starts, and wanted to gauge interest here.

I should mention that I'm a 38 in most suiting but getting closer to a 40 now. The jacket still fits, but it's slim enough that I'd call it a 36-38. You do get some latitude with the gussets, but the X150 leather (even though it's fantastic) is relatively stiff. Of course, with some wear it'll loosen up, but I wanted to list it here and see if maybe it's worth passing on. I'm honestly on the fence with this one.

Measurements as follows:

chest/ptp: 19"
arm (straight): 25"
waist/hem: 18"
back (from collar seam down): 24.75"
shoulders: 17"

I bought this jacket at nearly full retail price so I'm pricing it accordingly at $600 shipped. I would call it nearly new, it's probably been worn out of the house twice. Comes with Vanson keytag/keyring as new. I can tell you with all honesty the buyer will not be disappointed, it's a truly beautiful piece if you like this style.

CF4474n.jpg

5brYWtV.jpg

nMH21Le.jpg

deepestbluest

One of the Regulars
@Pandemic - you know it! With it measured roughly, its 19" pretty much on the dot. You can press it flat and get maybe another 1/4" (a soft tape would probably be more accurate on the longer side) but I'm gonna say 19 is probably the closest measurement of chest.

izIHKzG.jpg

3kI1kLN.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot