Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CXL from Aero. Creases from improper storage. Examples??

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have just ordered some proper wood hangers from Aero for my jackets. As described below some creases are considered a nuisance.

What creases are acceptable or normal with use??
Photo examples??

From Aero's website:
The worst way to store a leather jacket is on a typical suit hanger with the steeply sloped shoulder used pretty much as standard by the hanger industry, any length of use of these virtually guarantee deep creases forming down the front of a leather jacket starting from the join of the neck and the shoulder seam. This is caused as the weight of the leather hanging at an unnatural angle starts to fold inwards, this gets worse if the jacket is zipped up or buttoned up and summer storage will often leave creases which will never come out

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
This is freaking me out! What do others here think - is this coat hanger worth it? Admittedly the price is low, but I'd still like to hear what people think about these 'unwanted' creases.

Psant25

One Too Many
I use a hanger langlitz sells. Things are pretty ridiculous but they work great. Even hanging a wet jacket until dry no issues

El Marro

I throw all my jackets in a pile on top of the bed in my guest room. The upside is that I don’t have to worry about strange creases from hangers. The downside is that the pile is huge and I sometimes forget how many jackets I own or what exactly is at the bottom.

mygar

A-List Customer
Yes this subject been around... you ought to get some colorful responses maybe haha. I tape 3 plastic hangers together ... then fold a hand towel lengthwise ... wrap a towel around each arm and tape in place. Builds shoulder area up.

Having said that... the horsehair half belt has developed the creass that aero describes I think.

Also remember others using special hangers and the creass developed regardless if I remember correctly.

But they really don't bother me... just look like a natural drape to me.

mygar

A-List Customer
But dang now you have me thinking I should just throw them on floor.

Crazy thing is I envision my dog going to town on them... or maybe a mouse coming along and happily start chewing... so that freaks me out more than creases!

sweetfights

But dang now you have me thinking I should just throw them on floor.

Crazy thing is I envision my dog going to town on them... or maybe a mouse coming along and happily start chewing... so that freaks me out more than creases!

I thought my dog might "really love" the smell and pee on any jackets lying on the floor! LOL

Here’s an ebay shot:
EFCA5034-B28D-486A-974A-9F93BC52D6CD.jpeg

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
I throw all my jackets in a pile on top of the bed in my guest room. The upside is that I don’t have to worry about strange creases from hangers. The downside is that the pile is huge and I sometimes forget how many jackets I own or what exactly is at the bottom.

Sounds nice but I'm recently divorced and don't have an extra bedroom/bed to toss things! ;) Seems like maybe I need a $45 (after currency exchange, shipping and duties :mad:) hanger.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I can't imagine buying special hangers for my jackets, I don't want to be a helicopter parent to them. It's bloody workingman's clobber, not a tux! :D Chuck them on the floor, on a bed, on a chair, stack them in a drawer, hang them over a stool, shove them in a large box, throw them in the trunk of the car, hang them off a tree, throw them on the roof, store them in the bath, bury them in the back garden. They'll be fine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch