Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DAISY MAE HBT

hatflick1

Practically Family
Anybody know a source to pick up a daisy mae WWII hat, size 7 1/2? For whatever reason ebay blocks any military items from auction in my area. Los Angeles. I used to be able to hunt for these hats at gun/militaria shows which have also been barred from my area. Los Angeles. For all I know this post will be prohibited in my area. Los Angeles.
Many thanks!

JRB

New in Town
If you're looking for an original, you can get on the www.g503.com forum by clicking on the "message board". It's mostly military vehicle owners, but they have an "events" section as well as a "Living History" sections that offer information and items for sale/want. There are members in CA that can probably tell you about a military flea market in your area. Also, for repros, try www.wwiiimpressions.com. They're also in CA. I hope this helps. -Jack

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
hatflick1 said:
Anybody know a source to pick up a daisy mae WWII hat, size 7 1/2? For whatever reason ebay blocks any military items from auction in my area. Los Angeles. I used to be able to hunt for these hats at gun/militaria shows which have also been barred from my area. Los Angeles. For all I know this post will be prohibited in my area. Los Angeles.
Many thanks!

Actually, this could be computer problem. Theres a settign thats identifying your computer as being in a restricted area where militaria is illegal to resell.
I had this problem when checking ebay on my sister's computer.
IIRC, it was resolved by limiting the number of languages chosen for the computer.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Many thanks!

I appreciate the replies.
I am aware of WWII Impressions. They are out of my size as their hbts run somewhat small and 7 3/4's are on order.
I will look into the "too many languages" computer glitch. I just assumed it was part and parcel to restrictions overall in the area.
I truly miss the old Pamona Gun Show where uniform collectors and sellers mingled. It's where I got my hbt short and long bill caps, as well as, learned a lot about WWII history.
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch