Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darcy Clothing

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Found this site yesterday and don't think it has been listed before.....Nice range of shirts and trousers imho

http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/
There was a time when I thought that Darcy was the period shirt maker. But a Spearpoint shirt, of their's, at £81:60 including VAT is nowhere near that of Mapledoram whose Spearpoint comes in at £45, including VAT. (If you are a foreigner VAT means value added tax.)
I have shirts from both companies, there's no reason of quality for Darcy's inflated price. My guess is that they thought that they were the only player in the vintage market, for exact copy reproductions. If you checkout Mapledoram's site, look at their perfect original copies of CC41 demob suits. Fabulous.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
There was a time when I thought that Darcy was the period shirt maker. But a Spearpoint shirt, of their's, at £81:60 including VAT is nowhere near that of Mapledoram whose Spearpoint comes in at £45, including VAT. (If you are a foreigner VAT means value added tax.)
I have shirts from both companies, there's no reason of quality for Darcy's inflated price. My guess is that they thought that they were the only player in the vintage market, for exact copy reproductions. If you checkout Mapledoram's site, look at their perfect original copies of CC41 demob suits. Fabulous.
Thank you,will do so

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I agree, it is always fantastic to see what is out there for sale, and to have some decent options. My Husband does not have too many really vintage shirts but he does have a very decent collection of dress shirts in general. Some that I found not really period, but one of a kind shirts that the cost was more than what would ever be paid for except for the fact I was able to buy a dress shirt no one else would even have, and in one case, I purchased a formal dress shirt that has a weave to the material and within the weave is real gold threads. The seller had it, was what is called a "runway" shirt by an Italian shirtmaker/clothing line, Brioni. As lucky as I was, I purchased the shirt from eBay and the seller about gave me a gift for the price, sold the shirt and a pair of 10K white gold vintage Hayward bean back cufflinks to go along with the shirt. It is the only non vintage shirt we have that has real mother of pearl buttons so there is no need for those small studs to be used on the front of the shirt.

Darcy sells some fairly nice goods, pricing is not all that bad. I will sure buy from them again.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I agree, it is always fantastic to see what is out there for sale, and to have some decent options. My Husband does not have too many really vintage shirts but he does have a very decent collection of dress shirts in general. Some that I found not really period, but one of a kind shirts that the cost was more than what would ever be paid for except for the fact I was able to buy a dress shirt no one else would even have, and in one case, I purchased a formal dress shirt that has a weave to the material and within the weave is real gold threads. The seller had it, was what is called a "runway" shirt by an Italian shirtmaker/clothing line, Brioni. As lucky as I was, I purchased the shirt from eBay and the seller about gave me a gift for the price, sold the shirt and a pair of 10K white gold vintage Hayward bean back cufflinks to go along with the shirt. It is the only non vintage shirt we have that has real mother of pearl buttons so there is no need for those small studs to be used on the front of the shirt.

Darcy sells some fairly nice goods, pricing is not all that bad. I will sure buy from them again.
Hi LuvMyMan
I still get a thrill from finding nice items of clothing and accessories,really from any source....The ambience of Kensington Market in the 1970's is still with me
Regards
Peter

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hi LuvMyMan
I still get a thrill from finding nice items of clothing and accessories,really from any source....The ambience of Kensington Market in the 1970's is still with me
Regards
Peter
Thank you. Even though there are some super people that love real older vintage, for us, if it looks nice and can go with what is being worn, wear it! My husband loves the 1950 look as far as sharkskin suits, skinny ties, two tone shoes, and fedora. And he has a few suits and sports coats from a time period around 1920, but he can wear many more modern items with it and look very nice. The Darcy line is offering tall collars that can look fantastic with a real bow tie, hard to beat that look even if wearing a modern tux. Pants from Darcy also seem to be a not so bad bargain, depending on what you desire to wear them with. All in all, to have a nice option to eBay, we here welcome any sources. Lets face it, we here at the Lounge just seem to not want to "run with the crowd" in our attire, we want to be at the front lines far ahead of the rest of the troops! HAHA!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The ambience of Kensington Market in the 1970's is still with me
Now there's a reminisce I had all but forgotten about. There was a stall in Kensington Market where you could buy Chamois Leather shirts. They were a naval style that buttoned across the chest.
Navy-ft-.jpg
A year or two earlier, Kensington Market was the place to buy a vintage military uniform, made popular when the Beatles released their Sgt. Pepper Album. You could get military wear in Carnaby Street, but by then, Carnaby Street had become touristy and expensive.

By the way, it sounded like I was knocking Darcy, far from it, but like everything, there's others in the market too.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Now there's a reminisce I had all but forgotten about. There was a stall in Kensington Market where you could buy Chamois Leather shirts. They were a naval style that buttoned across the chest.
View attachment 47238
A year or two earlier, Kensington Market was the place to buy a vintage military uniform, made popular when the Beatles released their Sgt. Pepper Album. You could get military wear in Carnaby Street, but by then, Carnaby Street had become touristy and expensive.

By the way, it sounded like I was knocking Darcy, far from it, but like everything, there's others in the market too.

That is a super nice looking shirt, almost like a jacket or coat! With the proper clothing items of attire to wear with that, a Gentlemen would look sharp as a tack!

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
View attachment 47238

Fabulous shirt!Those streets must have seen some interesting times,especially when Biba was in full swing,and Portobello just up the road..

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Fabulous shirt!Those streets must have seen some interesting times,especially when Biba was in full swing,and Portobello just up the road..

Out West in California, the 1960's and 1970's had a ton of shops all up and down most down town areas that had super nice clothing, but now not so much. I have become a regular fan of buying from the internet. Seldom have any big issues about anything. However, I can get to the point where my "claws" come out if need be! HA!

gary m

Vendor
charles caine spearpoints are the best around 50 bucks, better than all
14100488_663803583773163_716429125997395033_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13920564_652417311578457_5847773103537165465_o (1).jpg
    13920564_652417311578457_5847773103537165465_o (1).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 641

Edward

Bartender
Did anyone ever handle one of those Mapledoram suits? They look amazing, but I have always been put off by the idea of them being cashmere, given I like to get a few years out of a suit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto