Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark line down the back of my Aero jacket

domaineminent

New in Town
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience removing the crease line from a Vicenza jacket. I have a dark seal Vicenza jacket that has an almost black line down the middle of the back from being folded during shipping. I didn't think anything of it when I got it because I expected wearing the jacket would naturally make it blend in, and I've been careful to not let it fold along the back crease when I'm not wearing it, but it has been months now of daily wear and the dark line is still very dark. Is there anything I can do solve this problem? I feel like it's very noticeable and looks kind of silly to have this weird almost black straight line running down the center of the back of my jacket.

I don't have experience with Vicenza, but you could try steaming it from the inside with a steamer. I've done all sorts of things to CXL and It can take it, but no Vicenza practice.

Hh121

Banned
My brown CXFQHH
9c375400e870ccbe7c4c27c4a4777541.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Like has been said already, we need to see this one to comprehend it. I've never seen or heard of such a thing, but probably best to take it up directly with Aero.

Lucas4922

New in Town
I have two Vincenza for almost 2 years and yes, I found the creases on Vincenza tends to set in quickly and doesn't go away

One of my jacket got some creases on one of the shoulders due to improper hanging and it never goes away....

The other one has some horizontal creases in the lower back section because I was wearing my jacket seated...I stopping doing so immediately after I found out but after a couple of months, the creases are still there...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have two Vincenza for almost 2 years and yes, I found the creases on Vincenza tends to set in quickly and doesn't go away

One of my jacket got some creases on one of the shoulders due to improper hanging and it never goes away....

The other one has some horizontal creases in the lower back section because I was wearing my jacket seated...I stopping doing so immediately after I found out but after a couple of months, the creases are still there...

Seriously? You don't sit with your leather jacket so as not to crease them? Why? That defeats the purpose of owning leather!
Do you also keep your arms straight at all time, only look forward, don't use the zipper in case you wear it out, and don't wear them if it's sunny or rainy?
Do you answer the phone whilst wearing the jacket? Or do you have to take one sleeve off not to crease it?

The point of a leather jacket is that it shows your life, it ages with you!
The first thing i do with a new jacket is get it damp, roll it in a ball, beat it up, and try to get as many creases into it as i can!

To the OP, as the others have said, if it is a crease, nothing can be done.
If it is a mark, you might be able to get it off with a damp cloth, or not.
If it bothers you and it was like that from new, contact Aero.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know the line you're talking about as I have one, a diagonal line running across the lower back panel, on my LHB. It's been there since the day it arrived and I was going to ask about it, but this was when we were just finding out about the American "Sales Rep" who was actually taking people's money and not ordering the jackets (I believe I might have been the very last person to actually get a jacket through him, and I nly got it because I got tired of his B.S. and threatened him). It was an interesting time on the Lounge, as we were also just finding out about the "storse" problem. So, I not only have a line on my jacket, but it might just be a half-breed! Things got so weird then that I just decided to sit and wait until the smoke cleared, and meanwhile I fell in love with the thing and have been wearing it ever since (January 2011).
It's all beat to hell now and looks great, and the line seems to have been absorbed into the general mess of wrinkles. I think it was caused by the original shipment of the stock from Horween and the manager of Aero at the time decided it was okay. If it happened now I'd undoubtedly complain, but in a way I'm glad I kept it. It's my "special" jacket.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The packing/transit fold lines are not sightly. Trust me. Especially on a new jacket; you’re playing catch-up trying to get the rest if the jacket to get its natural creases. I think I used a stack of books to try to smooth out my back panel. Never really went away (Butte’s son has the jacket now) but in time it got better; just never fully disappeared. I alerted Chris from AS about it as I was one of the first customers....he changed his packing method right after as it was confirmed to be attributed to the way it was folded. Truthfully, bugged me but not to the point of a freakout. It happens. God I miss that company.

Surprised OP has packing fold creases. I suppose it can happen but I’d assume Aero has a pretty good method of folding.

Mich486

One Too Many
My two jackets from Aero arrived in really huge boxes which I believe it is to avoid as many creases as possible.

Really can’t find any fault with the way they package and send stuff around. However, unless they’d send jackets laying flat in even bigger boxes (absurd) I think some crease here and there is unavoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko