Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating Aero Jackets

Andrew Putnam

Familiar Face
As in finding out the year they were made!
I have this jacket coming .. hopefully.. and without being able to get hold of any further information I'm wondering if anyone could, from the lining perhaps, approximate the date. This may be an impossible task.. but... I thought I'd give it a shot.
It looks to me like this lining is no longer available with Aero from their site.
Thanks
https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/5/22/277d64e1ece0b0252a07ffdfe485207c-full.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Regret that I cannot see any image.Was it the Highwayman you posted earlier?In any case it would be very difficult to age unless the vendor supplies the original invoice/packing slip.It may still have the makers tag in it which will have the date on it.These are normally sewn into a pocket lining seam.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I think it's a fairly new jacket, maybe less than 4 years old. It could be older than that. Aero could tell you more definitively. I believe they do have other tartan linings available beyond what they have photographed on their website, but you have to write and ask to find out what they are. It just depends on what they have in stock at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ