Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadwood's Seth Bullock Western/Imperial style tash/beard....could I pull it off ?

ukali1066

Practically Family
Just some opinions needed on whether you think this would look ok on me before I commit ?

seth.jpg

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Tombstone-val-kilmer-7445213-630-350.jpg

I think a little more like this might work. I think the Imperial style works better when it is just a little neater. If it doesn't work, you can just have a moustache, or go clean shaven. Beards grow back, although yours is quite impressive as is.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I say go for it but, then again, I am somewhat biased!

I find, for my fizzog, it balances better if I also have the beard going ahn — it hides the incipient double chin! :D

162859_10150366187760471_725635470_16487865_7139859_n.jpg

Ivar87

New in Town
Go for it

I say you should go for it, if you're looking to shave that lovely beard of yours.
I myself am sporting the mustache/soulpatch combo and couldn't be happier.

dnjan

One Too Many
Happen to have a pre-beard photo to give more idea about the shape/proportions of your face?
For example, what you are proposing requires (IMO) a certain degree of definition in the chin.

bumphrey hogart

One of the Regulars
IMHO I can't see any reason at all why it wouldn't work,just beware,once you start down the road of sculpting the facial hair it can become an obsession,forever trimming for that elusive, perfect,impossible look. On the other hand,though I think the 1st photo(ventile smock,arctic explorers beard) is a great look,it's kind of limiting,difficult to see many alternatives. Whereas the 2nd photo would allow a huge variation of wardrobe combinations,so go for it.

ukali1066

Practically Family
This is how I'm thinking now....the full beard is fine, but limiting as to what you can wear, especially when it comes to smarter clothes

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks for the "less hairy" photo. To me, your face is long enough, and chin pronounced enough for your proposed resculpting to look good.

In my case, with a fatter face, I wouldn't try that. But on you it should look good.
New pictures next week???

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I have a full beard that I usually let get to 1/2 inch long before I trim it. I purchased a decent beard and mustache trimming set at Walmart for under $30.00 including tax. The kit has several adjustable heads to allow everything from an exactly 2-3 inch beard to the old "Don Johnson look" (perfect 5 o'clock shadow). There are also several combs and a brush to clean the trimmer.

While everything will grow back, you might consider just trimming back a little at a time until you're either satisfied with the full beard, but shorter and "neater" or you decide to go on. If you still decide to do the imperial, then you have a trimmer to do that also. Be prepared for a surprise, you haven't seen your face since 1993, it won't be the same...

Good luck.

dnjan

One Too Many
I tried to discretely not refer to that, by instead referring to myself.
In my case, a van dyke hides the double chin quite well. (added since the avatar picture)

dnjan

One Too Many
Thank you!
My wife laughs at the number of times people use the word "dapper" when referring to me.

s_crumb

Familiar Face
Don't shave it. Your my new facial hair hero. I usually have a beard but mine doesn't grow in as fully on the sides. I'm always jealous of a full beard.

The kind of guys I work with that have a beard like yours are usually in harms way in the desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points