Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

HepKitty

One Too Many
dear new neighbor

when you drive across my yard and park in it, and your dear auntie tells me to get stuffed when I ask that the car be moved, don't be surprised when I call the police

sincerely

HK

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whew, looks like you've met some crazies. Sorry for your misfortune, it sounds like your life is going to become more interesting (in the bad way).

Still, you seem to have handled it very well. I myself would have slashed at the very least one tire lol.

HepKitty

One Too Many
dear new neighbor

when you scream to your auntie in front of your small children about how the "dumb b****" next door called the police just because you "just parked [your] car in her yard" and your charming auntie screams back "that's no reason to call the f*in police" in exact terms, again in front of dear children, don't be surprised when I start trying to find ways to have CPS visit your house

sincerely

HK

Mav

A-List Customer
A .22 is dandy for shooting out headlights, as well as creating an irrepairable hole in a radiator.

HepKitty

One Too Many
dear new neighbor

when you put an old junk couch in my yard for your dog w/o asking if I actually *wanted* trash in my yard, don't be surprised when my landlady and I take photos and track down your landlord to file a complaint

sincerely

HK

HepKitty

One Too Many
dear new neighbor

when you allow your dog to use my yard (you know, the one you parked in and put your best furniture on) as a toilet, don't be surprised when I patiently allow enough to accumulate to properly fertilize your whole front yard at once when it's shoveled back over

yours in service

HK

ps your dog is very nice, I'm impressed. I do hope you can learn some manners from her

HepKitty

One Too Many
lol great suggestions but how about legal yet effective ways of getting neighbors to show some respect? anyone have any ideas?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put the couch back in their yard, put all the "waste" on the couch, and set the whole thing ablaze.

In all seriousness, though, this has become ridiculous. There is something quite wrong with your new neighbor, and I'm afraid they don't sound like the type to be reasoned with.

Whereas I would go for revenge (in just-barely-legal ways), I recommend that you go for justice. Some type of authority figure should be contacted.

Geesie

Practically Family
Mav said:
A .22 is dandy for shooting out headlights, as well as creating an irrepairable hole in a radiator.

Even better: "What are you yelling at ME for? You're the one who ran over my nail and beer bottle collection that I was airing out on my lawn!"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"If they are renting I would approach the Landlord, and say there is a foul smell coming from the property, and he should do a property inspection, if they are truly crazy, the house is probably filthy and they are on some substance or another, and they get shown out, Please don't play their game, these things have a tendency to escalate!"

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Mav said:
I find that 12ga buckshot is much more satisfying for irreparable holes in radiators.

Ahhh, to be 17, drunk and out of control again.....nevermind, I don't ever want to go back to that and I'm still not sure how I made it past 18 alive...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
HepKitty said:
how about legal yet effective ways of getting neighbors to show some respect?
It really can't be done. Sadly, they are who they are and nobody can change them. I'd start planning a move.

Mav

A-List Customer
HepKitty said:
lol great suggestions but how about legal yet effective ways of getting neighbors to show some respect? anyone have any ideas?
Legal and effective?
Nope.

Are they Section 8? If not, a word to the landlord might work. If so, it's on you, by whatever means you can muster. The police will provide cleanup and report writing after.

Mav

A-List Customer
HHISIII said:
I find that 12ga buckshot is much more satisfying for irreparable holes in radiators.

Satisfying, yes; but it lacks subtlety. Although that's definitely the way to go if you decide to be so gauche as to take out a windshield.
Which isn't a bad idea, either.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Love guns - great tools. Really dislike the suggestions to use them illegally and irresponsibly. Just me.

-----------------------

Here's some advice. Get friendly with the dog. Here's why:

My brother once had a situation like this. He asked them nicely to keep the dog from making piles on his lawn and they said sorry, but basically 'too bad', and just shrugged it off letting it continue. So, being a friendly animal, the pooch didn't mind a bit when my bro' wore big rubber gloves and rubbed handfuls of the excrement all over his furry body (the dog's not my brother's ;) ). When the dog ran back inside his own residence the note pinned to his collar read, "I'M SORRY BUT MY YARD SH*T ON YOUR DOG." :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Geesie said:
Or you can report smelling marijuana smoke. That'll get the cops out faster than a murder.
But nowhere faster than reporting a policeman down. You wanna see cops in action!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana