Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dec 5th Repeal Day

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
So as I have been celebrating this on my own off and on for years.......but this year Dewers and a few bars are picking up the trend

my question who is going to forsake the Wed middle of the week and go out and celebrate one of the greatest days in American History

just don't say that in front of the Tee totaling Prohibition Parties yes there are still 2 that keep trying to place candidates for President

Haversack

One Too Many
I rather suspect that one of the brew-pubs here in San Francisco will have a special commemeration. Its called "The 21st Ammendment".

Haversack.

S

Samsa

Excellent idea! I probably won't go out (I'm not much of a bar person) but will drink something.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Raise a glass to Utah, the 36th state to ratify the amendment, which completed the necessary 2/3 of states approval.

I love the delicious irony, considering the draconian liquor laws here.lol

Brad

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Except Ohio would have put it over the top the same day anyhow. :)

I shall nevertheless toast Utah that day. Because it is home to such a distinguished member!

And Utah does get the honor.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BEER3.gif

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Bourbon and Branch...Presidio Social Club...and many many others.

Haversack said:
I rather suspect that one of the brew-pubs here in San Francisco will have a special commemeration. Its called "The 21st Ammendment".

Haversack.

Folks,

Bourbon and Branch, the San Francisco speakeasy, Presidio Social Club and many other SF establishments will be commemorating Repeal Day. I'm actually thinking of having a party at my place...just for vintage folks and Loungers alike. Would anyone be interested in that? I'm going to start another thread...

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Materials you'll need...

Sefton said:
I have an excuse! "Honey,you watch our daughter tonight. I'm celebrating Repeal Day! (My wife doesn't drink.that helps too.;) ).

Materials You'll Need for this Project:
0. Hollow Leg
1. $30.00 spending cash.
2. Caltrain ticket, round trip
3. 415-333-3333, The Number for Yellow Cab, San Francisco
4. Muni Transfer Ticket good for 3 hours.
5. Solid Stomach
6. Good attitude, and lots of energy.
7. The next day off.

From that Sefton you should be prepared for San Francisco Repeal Day. I wish I were there to join you.

FG.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
I think I shall start with the 5pm happy hour dive bar drink move onto the dinner and drinks with friends then close the bars down followed by the bigger tradition crawling into work on Dec 6 hehehehehehe

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
There's a bar back home called "The Congress". It was renamed in honor of the US Congress after the repeal of Prohibition (not that the 18th made it close down).

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Can't wait to celebrate when I get out of class at 10:30pm. Too bad for work at 8am tomorrow morning. It'll be great when it's on the weekend.

Cheers

K

kpreed

This seems like a good reason to celebrate, not that I need a reason.:eusa_clap

Story

I'll Lock Up
All ya need are raisons, a ziplock baggy, an unmolested toilet tank and patience*. :D

* Jailhouse rotgut recipe. Not for children and the weak-willed. Do not attempt without adult supervision.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Already celebrating

Folks,

Already celebrating. Miss Magneto and I have already had a drink.

If there are any Loungers that want to get together tonight, please PM me.

FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot