1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Dehen zip sweater - show 'em

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by breezer, Feb 18, 2019.

1. breezer

breezer A-List Customer

Was Whats app chatting with friend earlier and he happened to be sitting in a coffee shop in Reno called See See Motor Coffee Co......I ended up browsing their website and noticed they had their own branded Dehen sweaters on sale at $200.....and as luck would have it my pal has a 20% off voucher.....bringing it down to $160. In my world thats still a very expensive sweater. Can anyone out there advise if they are worth the dollars? There was a thread a while back about getting some made....whatever happened to that? Of course I've seen the Aero, which I liked, but way too pricey for me.
    https://www.seeseemotorcycles.com/collections/apparel/dehen

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Dehen's stuff is serious kit. I've tried on the Aero one and you could come off a motorbike in that and walk away pretty much unscuffed!

Edward and sweetfights like this.
  3. breezer

breezer A-List Customer

I was down there and held one, but I didn't want to try it on......even in the sale at £250, its a heck of a lot for a jumper. From Dehen they are $285.

4. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

i have several Dehen knit watch caps-- top notch quality

5. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

I’ve been lusting after one for a few months now but am having trouble pulling the trigger due to the price. I’m going to scour the bay/grailed for a good deal for the next few months. If nothing hits i’ll treat myself at the start of next fall.

dannyk and sweetfights like this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

The quality of the Dehen sweaters is outstanding: at USD160, it's a no-brainer, especially for US manufacture (consider how first-world manufacturing costs push up retail prices) and quality wool.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I've tried them on, and they are fantastic! Nice and dense...even crispy. I prefer the jersey to the sweater as it hangs better on me without the wide waistband. I dream of one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Here is my Dehen sweater that Langlitz had made for their 70th anniversary.
    2B0282A4-D4E8-4495-95A3-31A434206022.jpeg
    A7640F16-91CB-4CF8-A8E4-D40982772A70.jpeg
    It is an absolute tank as others have said. Mine is a size large and I’m 6’1 and around 210 pounds.

9. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I have three Dehen cardigans. They're bulletproof. I also think I'd prefer the jersey over the zip sweater.

10. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I'd drop $160 for a Dehen in a heartbeat! I've handled them in person and they are incredibly top notch. You'll own it forever.

Edward likes this.
  11. breezer

breezer A-List Customer

I think I might stick to the original plan and get an Aero paratrooper sweater - I like the Dehen, but will just go with a locally made garment. ( I did recently score a nice light weight Polo merino wool quarter zip in a charity shop )

12. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

Nice.

I've been eying up Dehens 1/4 zip moto hoodie in black for a while and they look nice.

I think they may run a bit large so maybe El Marro can comment.

I actually don't mind the blue striped one from See See.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    sweetfights and El Marro like this.
  13. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

El, you do not play around! Looks outstanding.

El Marro likes this.
  14. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Colin,
    I believe they do run a little large. As I mentioned, I am 6’1” and weigh about 210 pounds. This sweater is a size L, and it is a nice trim fit on me but I think the extra large would have been way too big.

Colin G likes this.
  15. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

Sounds like I am on the right track in assuming they fit a bit on the big side.

I bought one of their shawl sweater cardigans in a medium and it was too big and had to send back for a small so I think all their sweaters fit on the big side. I won't get the small back till next week but I bet it will fit perfectly.

Their jackets in medium seem to fit me perfectly however.

I am quickly becoming a Dehen super fan. 2 jackets and 2 sweaters in 3 months for me and two more sweaters are on the to buy list for fall.

They sure do make nice stuff.

16. dannyk

dannyk A-List Customer

I really like Dehen. And I enjoy it’s made in the US at a Union Factory. A company not only proud to be made here but proud to be union. Pricey? Yes. Worth the cost? Totally.

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

I’d like to see fit pics of the small. I’m thinking i’m a small but possibly mistaken.

Colin G likes this.
  18. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I picked up the Aero paratrooper sweater about 3 weeks ago.Very nice! I'm a size 40 and ordered a size 2. Perfect fit on me.

19. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

I have small hoodie showing from Dehen today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it fits. I won't have my other sweater back in a small for another week or so.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I'm a 38, and a Medium in both the 1/4 zip sweater and jersey fit me well.