Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Clearance Freddie's of Pinewood Selvedge

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Freddie's of Pinewood are having a clearance. They offer seconds of their usual 1940s and 1950s men's jeans for £45 instead of £75. Still lots of sizes left and the denim is a nice heavy quality, pre-shrunk.

http://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/products.asp?cat=4

Mens40sJeanslarge.jpg
JailbirdGreenslarge.jpg
Mens50sJeans%20Backlarge.jpg
Mens50sJeanslarge.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Any idea what the sizing is like on these? I vary between two sizes, and last I looked the biggest size was the lower one on my scale.... I'm sure they take returns, I'm just lazy about that, and I'd prefer not to be out the postage charges if I need the bigger size. They do look nice, though, and the seconds price is attractive. I actually had two pairs in my shopping cart before I got cold feet over the sizing issue!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I tried ordering a pair of the 1940s last January. I sent them my measurements and they recommended W34 instead of W32. Turned out it was way too wide for me. I could pull them on and off with the buttons fastened. I wasn't sure if the 32 would fit either because they couldn't provide me with exact measurements, so I asked for a refund. From this experience I'd say they run large. I took the plunge now and ordered a pair in 32, hoping it fits better this time.

Edward

Bartender
I tried ordering a pair of the 1940s last January. I sent them my measurements and they recommended W34 instead of W32. Turned out it was way too wide for me. I could pull them on and off with the buttons fastened. I wasn't sure if the 32 would fit either because they couldn't provide me with exact measurements, so I asked for a refund. From this experience I'd say they run large. I took the plunge now and ordered a pair in 32, hoping it fits better this time.

Running large is not a worry for me (especially if they're preshrunk - I had a pair of 36s from another manufacturer that fitted wonderfully once...... until I got them through the second machine wash! ;) ).

58FURY

Familiar Face
Wow!!

I've got to send these guys an email.

Last pair of Slevage denim jeans I got were Levis..... they set me back £140 (I had more money to spare back then).

I've just seen a pair of Wranglers with Selvage.... they want £100 for them.

Thanks for the link.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I received my pair of 1940s denims today. They do run large. Size 32 and they're still comfy for me. You should be alright with these, Edward.
The cut is very full, the bottom hem of the legs measures 25 cm!

You're welcome, Fury.

Edward

Bartender
Excellent.... mine arrived this morning, but I've not tried them on yet. I'm on a bit of a jeans buzz just now, even though I wear them so rarely. Fancy a couple more pairs of these, and some more Prison Blues.

majormajor

One Too Many
Freddies don't quote the weight, but I would say very similar to LVC, but not as heavy as, say, Lee

majormajor

One Too Many
The fit, on the other hand (for the 50's version), is far more like Lee than Levi's. Higher waist, more fitted at the hips, and wider straight legs.

I haven't tried the 40's style, but for me, they look almost comically wide.

majormajor

One Too Many
* 50's Levis has a higher rear rise than the Lee, it's 17 inches in a 36 and wider in the leg too.

I've been wearing Lee Riders for 45 years. When we started buying them, in 1967, we did so for the higher waist, better fit and wider legs.

I still do, even though I don't take the drugs I used to back then. I guess my brain is completely addled:D;)

D

Deleted member 16736

I grew up in the 70s, but even then Lee was known for making long-lasting jeans fit for a man's body. I still prefer them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo