Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@ton312
Very cool Indigofera jacket! "FARGO RIDER JACKET"?
On the topic of wrecking jacket lining with abrasion.. Noticed that my 1 month old Aero jacket moleskin lining already has a hole forming on the bottom hem where the leather is stacked and protrudes as a high stress point. Sad..

Man, if I would have invented Carhartt as a fashion brand, I would be super-rich, these days. :p
Carhartt has been a fashion brand since the 80's....the "wear canvas workwear" but have soft hands isn't anything new...the only thing that is new is that Carhartt has realized they can actually double their prices on essentially the same stuff that costs half anywhere else with a bit of clever branding:
https://us.carhartt-wip.com/

jchance

One of the Regulars
These are technically not denim fabric, but they are the Japanese brands’ modern take on denim jackets.

1st is UES’ unique “tricotine” fabric, which is more like a twill at 15.15oz pre-washed. It shrinks a little bit more after washed and dried, so it is a bit heavier. I own this shirt, it’s thick and wind-resistant, very warm to wear. It is more comfortable to wear than denim jacket, but not as comfortable as a thick flannel shirt. The interesting thing is that it keeps all the creases formed by the body and fades very quickly.

2nd is Dobby Sashiko fabric, which I suspect is from Momotaro (or other Japanese brands). This is more loosely weaved and super comfortable to wear. It’s on my to-buy list once I’ve finished breaking in the UES shirt. I might get one in pants too.

Attachments

• IMG_4998.jpeg
    IMG_4998.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 40

Leigh H

Practically Family
These are technically not denim fabric, but they are the Japanese brands’ modern take on denim jackets.

1st is UES’ unique “tricotine” fabric, which is more like a twill at 15.15oz pre-washed. It shrinks a little bit more after washed and dried, so it is a bit heavier. I own this shirt, it’s thick and wind-resistant, very warm to wear. It is more comfortable to wear than denim jacket, but not as comfortable as a thick flannel shirt. The interesting thing is that it keeps all the creases formed by the body and fades very quickly.

2nd is Dobby Sashiko fabric, which I suspect is from Momotaro (or other Japanese brands). This is more loosely weaved and super comfortable to wear. It’s on my to-buy list once I’ve finished breaking in the UES shirt. I might get one in pants too.

Ship John are releasing this soon, Sashiko-Ori shirt

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1piI4UPkVO/?img_index=3

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 13.33.35.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 13.33.40.png

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I am finding that in South Florida climate a denim jacket is the most versatile for me. It is bearable when it is hot outside, and very useful indoors when AC is blasting. Wingman denim, I am wearing this one all the time. At 22-oz it works well in the tropics, surprisingly.

PXL_20240321_181516902~3.jpg

I am finding that in South Florida climate a denim jacket is the most versatile for me. It is bearable when it is hot outside, and very useful indoors when AC is blasting. Wingman denim, I am wearing this one all the time. At 22-oz it works well in the tropics, surprisingly.

View attachment 601165

Too bad I left before you got down there. My wife would have enjoyed it. And we could compare jackets lol. There are plenty of Polish folks down there and a few Russian markets that carry some Polish food. Hollywood/Hallandale Beach has a good one. The Polish national church in Davie is where many link up too.

barnabus

One Too Many

View attachment 601165

That looks superb!

I love the look of an indigo jacket with white jeans.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Too bad I left before you got down there. My wife would have enjoyed it. And we could compare jackets lol. There are plenty of Polish folks down there and a few Russian markets that carry some Polish food. Hollywood/Hallandale Beach has a good one. The Polish national church in Davie is where many link up too.
Yeah, we would def have some topics to discuss. I am getting my Polish fix at Old World Deli between Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, on A1A. Good potato pancakes.

Yeah, we would def have some topics to discuss. I am getting my Polish fix at Old World Deli between Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, on A1A. Good potato pancakes.

For sure. That’s a good one. South on A1A past Hollywood Beach circle is another very good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points