Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did Karloff perform the Royal Wedding?

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I didn't get to watch the Royal Wedding on Friday, but they were playing the vows later on radio and I was listening to it at work.

Did anyone else notice that the pastor who performed the ceremony sounded just like Boris Karloff?

Not Karloff from Frankenstein, of course, but more like Karloff from The Mummy!

He even had the slight lisp on his "s" sounds.

What I saw from clips, it appears it was a gorgous ceremony, but I just had this vision of Boris up there conducting the vows ... struck me as funny.

Sam

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
Urm...that's the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Church of England equivalent to the Pope...

He does look like a diabolical warlock of some kind...

220px-Rowan_Williams_2007.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My Archbishop moment:

In the mid-1990s I was walking with some British friends down North State Parkway in Chicago as they had asked me to show them the Playboy Mansion, Hugh Hefner's former home. As we reached the gates of the home we were met by an older couple walking in our direction on the sidewalk. The Brits instantly recognized them as the Archbishop of Canterbury (in civilian clothes) and his wife.

We introduced ourselves, had a chuckle about the home we were standing in front of, made some small talk and soon parted ways. Seems they had been visiting friends in Chicago every summer for decades and loved the anonymity that the city provided them; we were the first people to recognize them in their weeklong stay. My friends said they were shocked to see them walking alone sans entourage or security as would usually be the case elsewhere.

Concerto

New in Town
I have to say, that man has always scared me somewhat. His voice is amazing, I wish I had such a rich baritone, but, those eyebrows...

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Yeah, I saw a brief news story in which the Archbishop of Canterbury gave quick blurb to the press. If the whole #2 spot in the CofE doesn't work out, I'm sure he could have a promising career as a voice over actor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk