Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Digging for the Truth" guy's hat

Michaelson

One Too Many
It was made by Bounty Hunter Hats of Telluride, CO, and the makers name was Steve King. He has since passed the business over to Nathaniel's Hats of Mancos, CO. It's 100% beaver, and cost him over $500, according to Josh Bernstein. He has used it constantly for the past 8 years. Regards. Michaelson

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Michaelson said:
It was made by Bounty Hunter Hats of Telluride, CO, and the makers name was Steve King. He has since passed the business over to Nathaniel's Hats of Mancos, CO. It's 100% beaver, and cost him over $500, according to Josh Bernstein. He has used it constantly for the past 8 years. Regards. Michaelson

On a recent episode he was wearing his weather beaten hat (he obviously does the great hat no-no of picking it up by the crown, as the pinch is VERY dirty), but showed the camera a new one just in case he lost it. I have to believe that the producers must have extra hats on hand for Josh.

Kaleponi Craig

Michaelson

One Too Many
Not according to Josh. He and I have passed quite a few emails back and forth, and the information posted above is what he told me. I asked him about that 'extra' hat, and he said it was a felt version he found at the airport that he thought about using as a backup, but never had to. Regards. Michaelson

Michael D

Familiar Face
What about the hat the guy wears in Mythbusters?

Not to highjack this thread but....

Does anyone know what hat Adam Savage wears on the TV show Mythbusters?

I looks kind of like an Indy with the ribbon removed.

Mike

Michaelson

One Too Many
That is an Akubra. He's only owned 3, and sticks to 'the brand', to use his words. Yes, I've corresponded with him as well. ;) Regards. Michaelson

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Michaelson said:
Not according to Josh. He and I have passed quite a few emails back and forth, and the information posted above is what he told me. I asked him about that 'extra' hat, and he said it was a felt version he found at the airport that he thought about using as a backup, but never had to. Regards. Michaelson

That's amazing, with all the adventures he's had. He must never leave the hat out of his sight.

KC

Michaelson said:
That is an Akubra. He's only owned 3, and sticks to 'the brand', to use his words. Yes, I've corresponded with him as well. ;) Regards. Michaelson

Gee is there anyone else you corrrespond with that we might know? Say the president? I want to know his hat size too. I say 7 3/8 or greater but the secret service won't even let that get out! Geez!

Regards to all,

J

Michaelson

One Too Many
I can't give away ALL my secrets! :rolleyes: ;) Adam said that it was a clearance model he picked up in California, and had no name inside, so he didn't know himself. I sent him in the direction of HatsDirect for more choices and better prices, and that's the last I heard from him. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson said:
I can't give away ALL my secrets! :rolleyes: ;) Adam said that it was a clearance model he picked up in California, and had no name inside, so he didn't know himself. I sent him in the direction of HatsDirect for more choices and better prices, and that's the last I heard from him. Regards. Michaelson

Sure we all know Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp both take hat advice from you. ;)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Michael D said:
Not to highjack this thread but....

Does anyone know what hat Adam Savage wears on the TV show Mythbusters?

I looks kind of like an Indy with the ribbon removed.

Mike
Michaelson said:
Ahhhh, that's what I was thinking Kaleponi Craig was asking for...my bad. See I don't have cable and my frame of reference was this was the cable show they talked about on COW(got the 2 shows mixed up I guess), which is why I said Akubra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda