Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I was just thinking about someone from my 'dead celebrity boyfriend club' when it dawned on me that everyone has a crush from time to time~real or harmless... maybe it's a screen idol from the Golden Era, someone you work with or even a passer-by.

Do you daydream about anyone or anytype of person? Do you think they are healthy or dangerous? Any crush stories? Hmmm.....

I still have a crush on..The Girl From Ipanema...but please don't tell my wife. I do think it's heathy...afterall,she's only vaguely discribed in a song. The rest is fantasy imagination. Except,I found out,the girl did really exist. Heloisa Pinheiro from Rio De Janerio who looked exactly like I imagined...somehow..that always seemed kinda dangerous.
HD

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i have a crush on a local young lady who has soft black hair and a petulant doll face. it's a proper adolescent-style crush. the kind where you forget how to walk properly whenever you see the person.

(i'm too old to be having such adolescent-style crushes).

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I married my last crush!and still vividly remember the look on his face when I fessed up to having more than friendship on my mind.It was a very shocked expression that soon changed into a huge grin.
I'm not sure how long we both stood there staring at each other with goofy grins on our faces.:D

I have a goofy teen-age crush on my favorite DM band member Dave Gahan.
Can you blame me?
dave1.jpg

But no posters on my wall at this age.:D

Crush! Kill! Destroy!

As a little kid I was in love with Dorothy "Echo" Deborba from the Little Rascals, although Darla could cause me to divide my loyalties.

As an adult my Golden Age dream girl remains Veronica Lake, I get all gushy inside when I see her on the screen.

Today, I give a nod to Tisha Cambell-Martin, Lucy Lui, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, Milla Jovoitch, Kirsten Dunst and Scarlett Johansson as onscreen syrens that always seem to quicken my pulse! :p

Sincerely,

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
HoosierDaddy said:
I still have a crush on..The Girl From Ipanema... I found out that the girl did really exist. Heloisa Pinheiro from Rio de Janeiro who looked exactly like I imagined...

And here she is (or was, back in 1962 when the song was written): the REAL "Girl from Ipanema".

galeria73.jpg
galeria67.jpg
galeria77.jpg

galeria78.jpg

And today, she looks a bit like Britt Ekland:

Helo_Pinheiro.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Well, I have to say when my cousin Allison and I saw Notorious on the big screen my heart nearly stopped from seeing Cary Grant that big. I also find William Powell extremely endearing.

Modern day crushes? Does Captain Jack Sparrow count?

Salv

One Too Many
herringbonekid said:
i have a crush on a local young lady who has soft black hair and a petulant doll face. it's a proper adolescent-style crush. the kind where you forget how to walk properly whenever you see the person.

(i'm too old to be having such adolescent-style crushes).

If you click on the 1955-1965 link from this page, is she by any chance the young lady in picture number 1?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I am a woman of many crushes...

My golden age crush has always been William Powell, even though irl he was 92 when I first discovered him! He's my idea of the perfect man.

My real life crush is the host/waiter at the Centre Street Cafe in Jamaica Plain, MA. I don't even know his name but I moon over him everytime I go there for brunch.

giles.jpg

My fictional character crush is Rupert Giles from Buffy (before they sold his character down the river that is).

I love crushes, they're so much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112