Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Have a Lucky Hat?

docneg

One of the Regulars
Does anyone here have a “lucky hat”? I had one that didn’t survive a change of residence two years ago. It was my favorite hat; a brown fedora of dubious origins that got beat up and stained over so many years that I forgot why I called it my lucky hat when I got it back in the early ‘80s. I was really despondent for a while after realizing that the movers may have driven away with it (along with a couple boxes of stuff that has never turned up).

I realized that I have had nothing but bad luck since moving and started to think, “Geez, maybe it WAS a lucky hat!” That made it even worse to be without it. I saw “Casablanca” again recently and was reminded that my hat was almost exactly like the one Bogey wore in that film. Hardly a day has gone by in the last couple years that I haven’t wondered what happened to that hat.

Well, I’m happy to say that it turned up last week, in a hatbox that had been stuffed under some other things by the movers, and placed in a large crate. The things on top have never had any reason to be out of the crate and so it went undiscovered until now. I am ecstatic.

Here’s a pic of me reunited with my lucky hat. Anyone else here have a lucky hat?
2009_0321006.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Hope your luck turns for the better. :eusa_clap

I had never thought of it, but I don't have a lucky hat . . .

I don't think, but how do I know for sure? Maybe I won't know until I lose my lucky hat and my luck turns bad . . .

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not really, however, someone I knew had an unlucky hat. It is a beautiful Montecristi. I bought it from him for a song. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

How lucky is that? lol lol lol lol

ryang

New in Town
I hope your luck changes now. I don't think I have a lucky hat but I'd love to get someone else's unlucky one.;)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
If I have a lucky hat, it would have to be this Bourse Cellini, in a deep burgundy. I know, it's a stingy brim, and it's not really a Homburg. But, ten years ago, in Houston, I wore this hat when I was one of about 100 vendors at a camera show. That week-end, I sold $3,500 worth of used 35 mm cameras and accessories, of which $1,200 was clear profit. I wore that hat to every camera show, after that!

P1040160BourseCellini.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
docneg said:
Well, I’m happy to say that it turned up last week, in a hatbox that had been stuffed under some other things by the movers, and placed in a large crate. The things on top have never had any reason to be out of the crate and so it went undiscovered until now. I am ecstatic.
Guess I can cancel this order of milk cartons I was going to have run...

498502496_mzHoY-M-1.jpg

J.T.Marcus said:
If I have a lucky hat, it would have to be this Bourse Cellini, in a deep burgundy....
J.T.,
THAT is a beautiful hat.

Johnny.

New in Town
Wow, may I say that that is a VERY nice fedora! Love the jacket too.

Don't have a particularly "lucky hat" as of yet - hmm. Maybe my coming Fed IV will fill the job :)

Goose.

Practically Family
docneg said:
Does anyone here have a “lucky hat”? ...

I hope that finding that hat was the first of many good things that come your way Docneg.
Am curious if you found what you were originally looking for when you discovered your hat? :)

MCrider

A-List Customer
Lucky Hat?

No, I can't say I have a lucky hat either. I've had more than one young woman that's... let's say 'not quite' half my age tell me how much they liked my dark gray Stetson. But was it lucky? :) I dunno.
But on the subject of docneg's "brown fedora of dubious origins that got beat up and stained over so many years" all I can say is that his hat probably looks better than a third of the hats I own. Quick tell me where this crate is so I can stuff a couple of mine in there!

docneg

One of the Regulars
Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes, everybody. What a nice bunch of people here. Really! And I'm glad you like my hat.

To repay your kind sentiments, I am shipping unopened boxes in my attic to each of you. Whichever one of you finds the Ronco Veg-A-Matic please let me know. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112