Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have a vintage partner? Show us your mate

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Much past and present discussion about non vintage partners. I think I even started one.

But does anyone out there have a perfect vintage partner? Or perhaps a perfect classic dress partner? Do you share a vintage home? Do you live a vintage lifestyle? or do you just like to get dolled up and hit the town. Does he spend more on hats than you do on dresses? Do people think you are just too cute together?

Pics are especially appreciated.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
This is my vintage partner in crime:

n2523936_36103134_3045.jpg

Right now we are currently not dating, but had been for 3 years. We broke things off amicably and thus are in some weird dating but not dating limbo! :) Usually he dresses a lot more casually, like classic rockabilly or greaser style. As you can see though, he'll totally wear a suit to just hit the grocery store! He actually only has two suits and two hats (retail does not pay well!), but definitely knows how to dress.

We used to go on date nights to vintage restaurants and get all dressed up. It was really fun! My friends used to talk about how cute it was how we "matched". We actually do get a lot of comments on how cute we look together. Ha, this is making me reconsider my breaking up with him! ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, there he is in my avatar. We usually are, in fact, "that couple," or one of them anyway. When we go out we both dress up. He has a blue collar day job and for him dressing up is just that much more fun because of it. And I know that if I find a pair of vintage cufflinks and matching tie tack he'll love it, even if I've already given him tons and tons!

Yes, we have a vintage home (modern and vintage pieces), and no, he doesn't spend more than me on clothes (impossible), but he does like to shop.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I'm going to use the word "mate" in the British sense here.

My best friend and I are vintage partners-in-crime. Too bad for the rest of the gentlemen in the world that he's gone and set the bar so high! His closet rivals mine, his suits and gabardine shirts seem to multiply behind the closed doors...

rave7.jpg

We have a good time. Do you suppose I can let him train my future "mate"?

Okay, there's use horsing around. One of his favorite pics.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He's absolutely the cat's meow!

l_cb425555d957a0b0c10e9958c105c3c5.jpg

That's from our first year of married life...

This one is more recent...

l_acd17ba804c53c58d10149053b5a7e5d.jpg

And of course, one needs formal wear...
l_893d7bf4e8aa5b7a2b01c462abce28ea.jpg

And pajamas...
l_23020395b0fbf762820ce236ed7b04ad.jpg

He get's a little fed up with me at times...
l_d564dc6ce146cfb5d8c133753e17572f.jpg

But we are in love!
l_7fd49af3ea9bd4476fdc4786b7d1018c.jpg

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
You 2 are so glamorous!

Miss 1929 said:
l_cb425555d957a0b0c10e9958c105c3c5.jpg

That's from our first year of married life...

This one is more recent...

l_acd17ba804c53c58d10149053b5a7e5d.jpg

And of course, one needs formal wear...
l_893d7bf4e8aa5b7a2b01c462abce28ea.jpg

And pajamas...
l_23020395b0fbf762820ce236ed7b04ad.jpg

He get's a little fed up with me at times...
l_d564dc6ce146cfb5d8c133753e17572f.jpg

But we are in love!
l_7fd49af3ea9bd4476fdc4786b7d1018c.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
These are my favorite pictures of husband and I. These pictures were taken in a vintage photo booth (and I also met John Waters the night those pics were taken!).

We've been together 12 years this month. :) And yes, we both prefer vintage and antique things to new. That's a good thing, because we're both considered vintage now too! lol

scan0003.jpg

Burnsie

Yep - been together since we were teenagers, married now for almost 12 years - living in a work in progress mid century split level (aqua skylark laminate waiting to be made into countertops, most recent finished project: a triple diamond solid wood front door that I burned out a jigsaw cutting window openings for...)
Here we are slightly drunk and happy
TN.jpg

She was the "Glamorlux" girl once upon a time...
nancyfence.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Burnsie said:
Yep - been together since we were teenagers, married now for almost 12 years - living in a work in progress mid century split level (aqua skylark laminate waiting to be made into countertops, most recent finished project: a triple diamond solid wood front door that I burned out a jigsaw cutting window openings for...)
Here we are slightly drunk and happy

Ha, I am a real estate gent and recently sold a nice mid century rambler. My clients, a couple of guys, have good taste, but Willie hated the door. A beautiful three diamond number in great shape. Wish I could send it to you. But I guess you don't need it.

Burnsie

reetpleat said:
A beautiful three diamond number in great shape. Wish I could send it to you. But I guess you don't need it.

Doh! Well ours is done now - will post pics when the NOS Kwikset starburst rosettes are in place! We got a door lite kit from crestview doors - beats paying 2-3K for a new custom made mid mod door and it wasn't too hard to make!
http://www.crestviewdoors.com/

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I'm very lucky to have my boy. We've been together for over six years now and even though it sounds a little strange, we've kinda grown up together in that time and our tastes for vintage things have evolved and become more refined. I think there's a HUGE difference between who were were in our early 20's and what we collected compared to who we've become and how are tastes have "backdated". After all this time, I couldn't imagine being with someone who doesn't LOVE wasting Saturdays in random, out of the way antique stores or hunting for 78's. I just wish I could find a good picture of us all snazzy, especially one where he isn't holding a guitar, but I guess these will have to do!
2ad6db27.jpg
ecfe4afe.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
My other half is only a recent-ish convert! But has really got into it. Well, over the course of 5 years.

We don't live together, but my house is all vintage and he loves it.

His main thing is RAF/British Army ww2 reenactment (as is mine)

jamesandlanc-1.jpg

And us both in 'normal' mode at my sisters wedding in May.
DSCF0137-1.jpg

Burnsie

carter said:
I may live in Texas but it's nice to know that... VA is [still] for Lovers!
Hey thanks Carter! We're trying to keep that tradition alive! And reetpleat - that daggone door is finished as of this morning - pics to come! Vintage mates need vintage projects...they never end!

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Ms. McGraw said:
I'm very lucky to have my boy. We've been together for over six years now and even though it sounds a little strange, we've kinda grown up together in that time and our tastes for vintage things have evolved and become more refined. I think there's a HUGE difference between who were were in our early 20's and what we collected compared to who we've become and how are tastes have "backdated". After all this time, I couldn't imagine being with someone who doesn't LOVE wasting Saturdays in random, out of the way antique stores or hunting for 78's. I just wish I could find a good picture of us all snazzy, especially one where he isn't holding a guitar, but I guess these will have to do!
2ad6db27.jpg
ecfe4afe.jpg

Adorable!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21