Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs 25 Golden Coach Guild Edge - 7 5/8

MattJH

One Too Many
I've been waiting for quite a while to find a hat in my size that had a monetary distinction to it (15, 20, 25, 100, etc.), and two came along yesterday. This is one of the two. The listing says that this is beaver, but I'll double-check that when I get it :) It seems like the Golden Coach line has been around for quite some time, and apparently Dobbs still uses the Golden Coach distinction for their finer felts. Any idea of the age? More detailed pictures when it arrives, of course.

dobbs25.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Nice!

What's the brim width?
I own one Dobbs, got it open crown & VGC. Deep green/gray w/ a 2 3/8" overwelt. No numerical designation, but a tough & supple felt that has come through a Calgary snowstorm intact & looking swell. The old fella must've worn it only between the hours of 10am 'til noon each Sunday & popped it back in its box, it still looks like a million.

MattJH

One Too Many
I received it today. I couldn't possibly be happier. Well, I could; the hat could smell less like an old basement and more like, say, Christmas, but I digress. The condition of the hat is marvelous. The best name I could come up with to identify the color is slate, or possibly charcoal. It's that deep gray, but not quite black. I've sold every stingy brim I've had with that color, but I already know that this one is staying put. Outside of some extremely minor wear on the sweatband, there isn't a single mark or flaw on the felt or ribbon or liner or, well, anything! I'm very, very pleased -- and for less than $40 shipped! Any idea of the age, anyone?

P.S. - I found a surprise in the box. There are close-up photographs of it towards the end.

Crown: 5 1/2"
Brim: 1 7/8"
Ribbon: 2"

01-DGC-boxclosed.jpg

The box has been kept exceptionally nice.

02-DGC-boxopen.jpg

Opened -- the paper protective cover you see in there is actually shaped like a plastic hat cover.

03-DGC-front.jpg

The front of the hat. I like it pinch-less. I'm keeping it center dent.

04-DGC-side.jpg

Side view of the hat.

05-DGC-sideclose.jpg

Close-up of the coach pin and the wind trolley (this is the only stingy brim I have that has one)

06-DGC-back.jpg

Back view of the hat.

07-DGC-inside.jpg

Inside of the hat.

08-DGC-liner.jpg

Close-up of the liner.

09-DGC-sweat1.jpg

The Golden Coach logo and the Guild Edge emblem.

10-DGC-sweat2.jpg

$25!

To be continued...

MattJH

One Too Many

11-DGC-ribbon.jpg

What's the name of this stitching again?

12-DGC-card1.jpg

The prize part #1 - The small pamphlet that came inside of the box.

13-DGC-card2.jpg

The prize part #2 - The small pamphlet that came inside of the box.

14-DGC-card3.jpg

The prize part #3 - The small pamphlet that came inside of the box.

15-DGC-brimup.jpg

I actually think the brim left up doesn't look bad at all in this hat.

16-DGC-brimdown.jpg

But I still prefer it down (Akubra Cattleman silhouette/cameo in the background).

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW;;;;

DJ, considering your hat size & the condition of that hat....$40.oo shipped, I can safely call you a Thief my friend. :D

What a great find, and the pamphlet is a super surprise. :eusa_clap

A

Ande1963

Nice! Even though the grey straw I bought from the same seller is fantastic, and fits a need I've had for a long time... I'm jealous.

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points