Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have pics of an Akubra Fed in Tawny Fawn?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I would really love to see what the tawny fawn looks like before I make the leap...It's that or the grey....and I've seen the grey here at the lounge, which looks fabulous!
Colby Jack

fatwoul

Practically Family
I think this one was tawny fawn, judging by the contrast between the ribbon and the felt.

Don't be too disheartened by the tone of that thread, by the way - my fed dlx is a 58 too, and shows no sign of the bell shape FDM talks about. I think he was just unlucky.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Chewie posted a few on the akubra thread on COW one of those may have been that color. If you email hatsdirect (if that's where you're ordering from) your size in inches and let them tell you what size to get you won't have any trouble.

schanop

New in Town
How about this boy?
TawnyFed.jpg

Colourwise, it is fairly correct. May be a bit of a tint here and there as you
can see that the background wall is not quite white.

It just happen that I have this one with me today; however, I don't have enough time to take proper photos of it. Will do that and post some later on.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I found this thread by accident while looking for something else...

Here's my new, properly fitting, unbelled, tawny fawn Federation in size 57.

Me.jpg

I would call the color "camel". It is a bit richer a color than the photo shows. Definitely lighter than the "fawn" of my Akubra Squatter.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I've lost about 50 pounds in the last several months (with about 20 more I would like to go, which are not going to be nearly as easy as the first 50!). I've had to buy all new clothes! Down a shirt size, and down 2 pants sizes! Losing weight is expensive! The biggest thing is my horsehide jacket that I had Johnson Leather make for me. I need to send it back to them and have them take it up some at the waist.

I am really happy with this hat. FINALLY, I have a Federation that both fits, and is properly shaped. Schanop's photo is a really good representation of the color of the hat. Much more pleasing a color than that awful dark brownish-gray "mid brown". Why doesn't anyone make a nice, medium, Hershey-bar chocolate brown anymore?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Fatdutchman said:
I found this thread by accident while looking for something else...

Here's my new, properly fitting, unbelled, tawny fawn Federation in size 57.

Me.jpg

I would call the color "camel". It is a bit richer a color than the photo shows. Definitely lighter than the "fawn" of my Akubra Squatter.
Fatdutchman do you still have the picture of the sideview that you posted on COW? That was an excellent one as well!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That color looks a lot like the Adventurer many of us purchased recently! That makes the Tawny Fawn much more attractive to me.:eusa_clap

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
For those who have one or have seen it, is the tawny fawn more a camel, a cream, a beige, a tan or a brown kind of color? It looks like it could be all of them in the different pitures here. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112