Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does anyone know anything about barton hats?

captain kirk

New in Town
i am new to fedora lounge but have been putting together a collection of vintage fedoras. i recently found a barton hats "the imperial" in mint condition.fur felt and very nice. problem is i cant find any imformation about barton hats after 1930.as well as all i can find is very vague. if this hat is that old its the nicest condition ive ever seen for one that age. any info would be helpful. this hat looks as though it was just made yesterday except the size tag is faded and fragile.

First, please post pics. You'll need to link to a photo hosting account, however, until you have 20 posts or something. That will help in dating the hat. Post photos of the inside of the hat. Sweatband, crown liner, any markings or tags.

This thread has some history on Barton hats. There were apparently two, in Providence, and may have been related.

captain kirk

New in Town
will see if i can figure out how to post pics,these pics are from the e-bay post that i bought it from.
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg

captain kirk

New in Town
i apologize for the big pics i hit the wrong button to post,this forum is still a learning process for me,but i really enjoy reading what fellow hat enthusiasts have to say.i have a fairly decent collection myself.look forward to talking to everybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points