Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone own a Boyt Safari Jacket that can provide review?

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
I just picked up two each of these for the wife and I and was wonder how well their holding up?
TIA,
Duke

SA600.jpg

We also ordered these Boyt pants but they are no longer made.

opplanet-boyt-harness-safari-pants-sa450.jpg

I'm looking at these to go with the Jacket. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0L90

0L90VT_lg.jpg

Mike K.

One Too Many
I had the old style vest, which was the same as the jacket minus the sleeves. Fabric is stout and sturdy, construction excellent, attention to detail also very good. Boyt is known for making very good quality shooting apparel/gear. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Be forewarned that if you actually plan to use the jacket's cartridge holders for their intended purpose, anything shorter than a 375H&H will get lost down inside. They're definitely intended for magnum cartridges.

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Mike K. said:
I had the old style vest, which was the same as the jacket minus the sleeves. Fabric is stout and sturdy, construction excellent, attention to detail also very good. Boyt is known for making very good quality shooting apparel/gear. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Be forewarned that if you actually plan to use the jacket's cartridge holders for their intended purpose, anything shorter than a 375H&H will get lost down inside. They're definitely intended for magnum cartridges.

Thanks for the response Mike. My Safari guns start an 375 and go up.

Eric P

Familiar Face
Those dont look like they are made from as course of material as the standard pictures show. Mind if I ask who you ordered them from? They look good! :)

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Eric P said:
Those dont look like they are made from as course of material as the standard pictures show. Mind if I ask who you ordered them from? They look good! :)

I think she ordered them from Optics Planet.
And yes the material is real nice.

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Mike K. said:
Hmmm...that rifle looks strangely familiar! :)

Thanks Mike. :)
Barbie took some of our outfits to a new cleaners here in town. I'll lt them do a couple to see how their work is.
Anyway I'll get some pics up when the pants arrive. I look nuch better with pants on.

fireman

One of the Regulars
I know I'm necro posting here but how is the fit on these? I'm 6'2" and kinda long in the body...I usually need a tall or long. Stuff I get from WPG has to be the long size. Boyt's does not offer a long size. Do these run long or are they the typical US sizing?

Thanks!!

jkingrph

Practically Family
I know I'm necro posting here but how is the fit on these? I'm 6'2" and kinda long in the body...I usually need a tall or long. Stuff I get from WPG has to be the long size. Boyt's does not offer a long size. Do these run long or are they the typical US sizing?

Thanks!!

I am just a little shy of 6'1" weighing in at about 230. The XL fits me fine, plenty of length in the sleeves. I actually picked up several styles a few years back when they were on sale, a full long sleeve jacket, a couple with short sleeves, and a couple of vest types. I probably use the short sleeved models the most.. One thing I like is the softness of the material which is holding up very well..

jkingrph

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk