Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Donut Derelicts 10/02/04

Chamorro

A-List Customer
Some pics from my latest field trip. Donut Derelicts is a Southern California Car Club in Surf City (Huntington Beach) so named because a bunch of guys just started hanging out in the parking lot of a local Donut Shop to shoot the breeze and show off their classic cars.

Chamorro

A-List Customer
im002455.jpg

im002447.jpg

im002451.jpg

im002440.jpg
im002444.jpg

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
I live just a few miles away from there. Sadly, I have not gone yet, as they do their get-togethers from 6-9AM, and I'm usually not up that early on Saturdays!

up196

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
The top picture... car on the right. I am in love.

Hey Matt. It's a 1931 Ford Model A Coupe; same year as my sedan. Looks like it has dual side-mounts, rumble seat and a trunk. The same car is in one of the last pics, license number "6M 32 94"

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by up196
Hey Matt. It's a 1931 Ford Model A Coupe; same year as my sedan. Looks like it has dual side-mounts, rumble seat and a trunk. The same car is in one of the last pics, license number "6M 32 94"

I know... The removable trunk behind the cars trunk is awsome too. I'm still drooling.

up196

A-List Customer
The removable trunk is the only one it has. The handle on the deck lid is up behind the window, so it's not a trunk, it's a seat like this:

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
Matt, the jacket is a Flight Suits Historical A-2 in mahogany horsehide. I had them add their own rank insignia and shoulder patch; the nametag I got from flightjacket.com.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah yes, the Ford model A! Good car and will be around for the next 100 years. The first one pictured is such a lovely restoration! I love rumble seats! Never had a chance to ride in one, but can't wait till some one says: Hey, jump in back!

Model A's are some of the only late 20's to early 30's Fords I see restored to original shape. Any year after 31 they go hot rod crazy! I did see an original 34 Ford two door rag top at a Fudruckers in Pasadena. My mouth was open for a long time! It was very nice to see it! I heard that the guy bought it from a museum that was selling some stuff off. Lucky dog!

Any way, I heard about that car club in Huntington Beach through AAA. Like to go, but would need to leave my place at 4:30am to get a good parking spot.

Maybe some time I'll go.

Root.

This is such a sweet vintage Ford ad I just had to share! 1936 Ford V8 Cope!

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I have that car. Well not in that condition unfortunately. We are still working on completing my 1936 Ford tudor Slantback. I'm calling it "The Americana" it's going to be the stock Washington Blue with Cream stripe, red wheels and the big white walls. Red white and blue!

God Bless,
Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
You will need to post some photos of it soon! I would love to see your 36 Ford! I have a 46 Plymouth and it's the original color which is blue and has red rims with 3 3/4 white walls. Love it! It's my daily driver and she is such a pleasure to drive!

There isn't any thing like driving a vintage auto from the 30's to the 50's!

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran