Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double-breasted tuxedo jacket

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Howdy all,

The Smoking Jacket thread reminded me that I've got a black wool double-breasted tuxedo jacket that doesn't fit anymore. Instead of trying eBay, I thought I'd see if it could find a good home here with my friends at the Fedora Lounge. I think it's probably from the '30s or '40s, but I'm not sure. I bought it at a used clothing shop about 14 years ago to wear at a Halloween party, and haven't worn it since. It's about a size 38 or 40 Short(I'm now a 46, so it will never fit me again).

The wide part of the lapels are faced with a different fabric, possibly rayon, as well as the buttons.

The photos make the jacket look washed out in places, but it isn't. There is no fading or staining on the jacket. That's just the way the photos came out when I lightened them. The wool is actually beautiful, except for the hole on the sleeve and the small holes on the back. I suspect a good tailor or seamstress could patch those up.

Tuxedo jacket photos

I have no idea what to ask for it, so I'll entertain offers for sale or trade for other vintage stuff.

Thanks,

Brad Bowers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21