Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Feature

Mark G

A-List Customer
I just got two hats from Vintage Silhouettes. The first was a custom to replace my 60 year old Stratoliner from everyday wear. It's actually closer to an Open Road, having a 5 3/4" crown and a 2 3/4" brim. The color of the hat is granite with a like ribbon trim. The diffence from an Open Road is the 1/2" grosgrain binding and ribbon, with a shade lighter bluish gray center knot. I wanted something familiar and yet different from the norm. I think Art succeded in spades. Thanks. I wanted the hat with a "C" crown, but when I got it I realized how much I liked the diamond on my Strat, so I creased that into a diamond as well (I hope Art doesn't take offense). Of course I was wearing the hat when my wife came home from work and the neighbor's eight year old daughter was walking by and said "nice hat".

The second is a Monticristi that I've had for about 10 years. It had a fabric sweat, a flat optimo shape, and was really floppy. I got the hat because it was a very fine weave, but I rarely wore it. Art put in a leather sweat, stiffened it a bit, put a new grosgrain on and blocked it with a classic 40's "C" crown.

The great thing about living in Southern California in the spring is that it's in th 40's in the morning and the 80's in the day so I get to wear both.

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Mark, those are both great hats. It looks like Art has been busy.

I love the shape of the straw. Do you have any "before" pictures?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stellar, ICONIC, even, if I may!
No doubt about it, you guys are drawing ever nearer to the Aristotelian ideal of a perfect, archetypal fedora, in my eyes anyway. Really a work of art (& craft) in every respect museum quality. Kudos all 'round, thanks!

Mark G

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone. I'm going away this weekend but will try and post some shots with me in the hats (as well as some before shots of the panama) when I get back.

D

DBFedora

Very Nice!

Both hats are very nice. I could wear them both on the same day, here, too. Art has done another masterful job.:eusa_clap

Mark G

A-List Customer
Here are some pics of me in the hats. I don't really have a good shot of the panama before, so you'll have to take my word on the improvement.

afterpanama.jpg

artcustom.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko