Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Sided Onyx Stud Set

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
When you buy very high-end bib tuxedo shirts, they tend to come with these neat tiny plastic spherical studs that are meant as placeholders until you insert the real thing.

Well, these got me thinking about looking for and buying actual spherical ones made of metal/onyx/whatnot. They might look very sharp, I thought, and since I've found a few reference pictures showing these. For example:

https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/w...the-periods-novel-black-waistcoat-studs.-.jpg

So my questions are:

1. Any experience with these? Do they tend to slip out more easily than their cylindrical counterparts? Are they useful? Do you like them? Etc.
2. Any leads on some relatively affordable ones? The only ones I could find on Amazon (Cuff Daddy) have terrible ratings owing to shoddy quality.

Thanks all!

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
I just posted about spherical studs. Another option I'm considering, which looks quite useful and versatile, is a combination onyx/mother of pearl studs and cuff links set:

Has anyone used something like this? Do you like them? Do the curved-bar cuff links present a bit of an issue compared to the normal toggle bar type?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner