Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shoes

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very sharp shoes, indeed. You don't see those in the typical Alden catalog. Do their orthopedic shoes run more than the regular line?

This will be my first pair of C&Js. I've heard such good things about them that I've decided to take the plunge. These are the ones I'm leaning toward, the Belgrave in chestnut:

103member.jpg

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Allen Edmonds Bradley - Calf

Matt, great looking shoes. Those that you pictured are the Allen Edmonds Bradley - Calf. I have a pair in black. They are one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I like the thick leather sole. I also have 2 cap toe Allen Edmonds. One in black and the other in a burgandy color. Great Shoes and very durable.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by AlanC
Very sharp shoes, indeed. You don't see those in the typical Alden catalog. Do their orthopedic shoes run more than the regular line?

Actually, I think they cost a slight bit less.

I am trying to decide whether I want to get a pair of C&Js or Church's... I was all for Church's but with what I have been reading around the web, they are not what they used to be. I'll wait a while either way before I decide, gotta stow some money away.

Congrats on the C&Js and tell us how you like em after you get them, and a few days break in.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would really suggest you check the archives at Ask Andy on Church's. It sounds like you may have already. I know they have the name and reputation, but a lot of those guys are longtime shoe horses. None of them that I've seen recommend the modern Church's shoes. I'm new at this myself, and like you have to save to make that kind of outlay. I think when that's the case it's better to be safe than sorry.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
WOW

You are lucky to get those on ebay! I got mine at Nordstroms for $189. They are just like mine. Chesnut color, same toe...
I love them...They are the LEXINGTON.

I also have two other pairs of Allen Edmonds, one oil finish Johnson & Murphy..and a black cap toe J & M that are sweet.

I also have an old pair of chuka boot in brown made by Florsheim, and a black wing tip from them also.....humm I l.l have to check ..the chuka boot with zipper sides may be another brand.

Great shoes...

My next pair will be the black and white Allen Edmonds...

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by Chamorro

The guy on "The District" on CBS wears them all the time. Can't find anybody who carries them for less than $270 though ...:(

They are called "The Broadstreet" style.

Try calling here,
336-227-1146

It is the # for the NC store and so far I notice no imperfections in their seconds, in fact the pair of Byrons I recieved has straighter stitching and the leather is cut better than the pair I saw at Nordstrom's and I liked the coloring job better too, the Byrons at Nordys looked washed out.
They may have your Broadstreet size in seconds.

Max52

New in Town
Don't buy church's anymore. Sinse Prada took them over there has been nothing but complaints about church's shoes. A common complaint is that the leather upper splits. C&J is a much better choice.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Classic Australian & English footwear!

I am the sort of gent that if I find something that works for me, then I stick with it. So...Over the past 20 years I have worn RM Williams boots (I like the support a boot gives me), and on a more formal shoe, I wear Loakes (English brogues) who have been making shoes/boots for the last few centuries (like Churches/ Trickers). For some reason Loakes come in price wise more competitively than the latter two manufacturers.

The pair of Loake brogues in the pic I have had for 20 years, and they just grow in character like an old friend, with the more bruises and stains they get on them, as that saddle leather burnishes to a patina that only time can bestow.

My work horse boots are 7-years-old, with chunks out of them that then welcome the next coat of polish. Guys...I LOVE these boots and cannot praise RM's highly enough! These ones are Gardeners (model), if you like this model.

But, I love to be open to suggestions and try new things, so keep your good work up! This site is proving a real education for me!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Remember, it's all in the fit.

They are part of the orthotic line and cost around $265.00
I like them alot better than the Allen Edmonds because they fit my feet like a glove and i can walk in them all day long without pain. First pair of dress shoes I've had like this.
Unfortunately I got the last pair... They discontinued everything in that last shape. Apparently I have rare feet.

Alden are generally made better than Allen Edmonds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ