Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressing for the Ballet

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies.
I'm going to the ballet soon, for the very first time, and I have looked up what to wear. It seems that dressy casual is recommended. Obviously, I know not to go all-out ball gala, but I would like opinions of any one that has gone to the ballet. It is for a 2pm show and I am in Houston, if that makes a difference.
Thanks. :)

St. Louis

Practically Family
That is a wonderful question, and one that I wish more people would ask. Here in the Midwest, unfortunately, people wear jeans to the ballet. I always find that so depressing. Why waste a perfectly good chance to dress up?

Are you thinking of wearing vintage? If you're sitting in the orchestra, a beautiful vintage dress with heels and jewelry would be wonderful. Even in the higher seats I'd still wear something nice--maybe whatever I'd wear to work.

What are you going to see?

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies! I will take all of this advice and put together something lovely that includes a vintage feel.
St. Louis, we will be in balcony 1 box seats and we are going to see Madame Butterfly. :)
I am so excited!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana