Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dying a G-1 Mouton Flight Jacket Collar

John McDonald

New in Town
Hi,

I bought a US Wings G-1 around 1.5 years ago. The original mouton was dark brown like the jacket when I purchased but the collar has faded to a light brown/greenish color. Does anyone have any advice on how to restore it to the original seal brown color?

Allydress

New in Town
A photo would be nice. However, I agree with the comment above, it looks better in its current state.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Sometimes the newer G-1s, even the wool ones, tend to fade to a greenish grey, kind of unappealing.

I guess you could daub the collar with dye on a sponge. I’d test it on the most inconspicuous spot first though.

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
Sometimes the newer G-1s, even the wool ones, tend to fade to a greenish grey, kind of unappealing.

I guess you could daub the collar with dye on a sponge. I’d test it on the most inconspicuous spot first though.
I would certainly test it thoroughly on a swatch first tbh, as you could end up with a very deep and pretty much permanent brown tan line on your neck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points