Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early 1930s Suede Motorcycle jacket

Here is another jacket from the same store that i got the 40s Canadian jacket i started a thread about last week. It is very large, measuring 45" around the chest. All in all a very satisfactory find. I've had this one for a while longer than the other one, and will sell it within the week.

Classic motorcycle jacket features. The pockets are very nicely constructed and the bottoms are like "saddlebag" pockets, but the sides are not, so these are not true saddlebag pockets. I would say there used to be adjuster straps at the cuffs of the arms - the stitching on the seams is open at just the place where one might expect the straps to be attached.

30sSuedeMoto1.JPG

30sSuedeMoto2.JPG

It was made/sold by R. H. Macy & Co. Ltd. It is lined in a brown with brown overcheck tweed wool.

30sSuedeMoto3.JPG

30sSuedeMoto4.JPG

A stunning deco Talon zipper; another indicator that the jacket is early-middle 1930s.

30sSuedeMoto5.JPG

The only real flaw of the jacket is the removal of the side buckles. The stitch holes are still present to show that there were originally side adjuster buckles. See how the bottom of the pocket is not attached. Very nice feature.

30sSuedeMoto6.JPG

But as if all that isn't cool enough, this is also named and dated. Near the top of the section that holds the zipper, is this writing in pen. It's quite rubbed, so easier to make out in person than in my photos, but i read WILLIAMSON - i can't make out the first name; i think it starts PR … - and XMAS above 193(x). I can't read the final number in the date. How cool is that?

30sSuedeMoto7.JPG

30sSuedeMoto8.JPG

30sSuedeMoto9.JPG

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner