Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early Stetson Stratoliner with original pin

Here is a little old gem - an early edition Stetson Stratoliner c.1942-3 size 7 1/8. Original issue TWA pin is included. Hat is in very good condition. The rear sweatband seam was open and the size tag not present when I purchased it. I restitched the seam closed by hand. The lightweight felt, thin ribbon and sweatband are all in good shape. The hat will come with my signature "taco shell" brim shape, easily converted with steam to a snap brim if you prefer. I have enjoyed this hat immensely. It is a little loose on me, but I would say it is just at and not over 7 1/8.

Price is $295 including shipping in the lower 48. PM if interested. Thanks for looking!

oldstrat1.jpg

oldstrat2.jpg

oldstrat3.jpg

oldstrat4.jpg

oldstrat5.jpg

oldstrat6.jpg

oldstrat7.jpg

oldstrat8.jpg

oldstrat9.jpg

oldstrat10.jpg

A sweet deal just got hyperglycemic!!

<smile> These early edition Stratoliners are very different than where the model went in the post war era. Light, linerless, flexible and easily formed, it is a prefect travel hat. I've sold my 1950s Strats and bought every pre-war Strat I've seen in my size (which has been only a handful in the last decade). This is the first one I've put up for sale. Just a little narrative, in case there is another small headed hat nut that might appreciate it!

ruvort

One of the Regulars
<smile> These early edition Stratoliners are very different than where the model went in the post war era. Light, linerless, flexible and easily formed, it is a prefect travel hat. I've sold my 1950s Strats and bought every pre-war Strat I've seen in my size (which has been only a handful in the last decade). This is the first one I've put up for sale. Just a little narrative, in case there is another small headed hat nut that might appreciate it!
I'd be interested in it, but sadly it's not small enough for me.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I’ve looked at this hat several times. It’s nowhere near my size and I’m sorely tempted to buy it just to own it.

There must be a lot of spoiled smaller head folks out there. I’d pay a lot more in a heartbeat for one in 7 5/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112