Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman .50 Cal A-2 Jacket--Size 44

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Eastman .50 Cal Horsehide A-2 Jacket, Size 44. I am the third owner and purchased it from a fellow collector over on the VLJ site a little over a year ago or so. Come from a pet free, smoke free home.

Please note that this is a .50 Cal jacket. As described on Eastman's site, ".50CAL is a range of garments that are offered only in the Time Worn finish. The colours, materials and finishes are created to offer a subdued and rugged appearance. They will appeal to those who appreciate the nostalgic charm of a true vintage garment." That said the "time worn" aspect of the jacket is very light and is not overtly obvious or excessive.

If there is a flaw, there is one small knit separation from leather on waist band on left side not visible when worn. For some reasons the size tags have been cut out, both at the nomenclature tag and the linen pocket tag. This was done by the original owner for some reason as it was this way when the second owner received it.

I have finally committed to the trail of health and have dropped nearly 20 pounds and am still going; it is simply too large for me now. For reference, I am 5'8", wear a 16 x 33 dress shirt, weighed between 175 and 185 when the jacket fit well. I have dropped to 165 and it is a little baggy even with a sweatshirt underneath. Like the older Eastman jackets this is a little blousier than a standard A-2 and I can now see why Eastman cuts their non-contract jackets this way, for the modern man, ahem.

The measurements are very close to what History Preservation Associates (HPA), Eastman's North American Agent specifies as a 44.

Pit to Pit: 24 inches
Back from collar seal to bottom of knits: 25 1/2 inches
Shoulder to end of (including) Cuff: 25 1/2 inches
Base of Collar to Bottom of Waistband: 25 1/2 inches
Shoulders: 19 inches
Wind flap/zipper: 22 1/2 inches

I am asking exactly what I paid for it that what I paid for it--$400 shipped. Shipping within the US will be via USPS Priority Mail, International shipping will also be via USPS Priority Mail for the exact cost.

Payment via PayPal--thanks! I am a no drama buyer and would expect the same from the buyer. The first one to say I'll take it and pays, gets it.

A few quick photos taken today:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider