Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman B-6

FW190

New in Town
detailpop.php
Interested in purchasing this jacket and was wondering if anyone has one and thier opinion of the fit/impression. I have an Eastman B-3 and was wondering if the thinner sheepskin affects the sizing as well. The b-3 is a hell of a jacket but is too confining for driving due to the bulk.

thanks!

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
great jacket

Hi FW190,

I own an Eastman B-3 (size 42), a regular Eastman B-6 (size 42) and an Eastman Rough Wear B-6 (size 40). Compared to the B-3 which fits me good in size 42, my regular (seal brown) B-6 fits a bit too large. When ordering the Rough Wear, I choose size 40 which was perfect choice. The jacket has alot of room in the chest area, it's not a slim fitting design, although you can draw the waist in nicely (zippers) and the sleeves are not as wide as with the B-3.

Altogether I'm a real big fan of the B-6, especially Eastman's Rough Wear - vegetable tanned and dyed by hand with slightly darker colored wool. As you mentioned, there are very rare chances to wear the B-3 over the year, so to my taste the B-6 is a perfect synthesis between sheer insulation aspects and practical aspects of a garment to fit in our modern days.

Thanks.
Tom

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Whatever you do, order DIRECT from Eastman Leather !!!!!

The History Preservation site is way overpriced !! The B-6 lists for $1075.00 on their site.

But on the Eastman site, the B-6 lists for 419 Britsh Pounds. http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastmanleather/products/product-81129.stm

Todays exchange (from xe.com) 419.48 GBP = 624.343 USD. Even if postage is $100 you're still saving $200-300 !!!

I bought the Eastman "Air Comfort" direct from Eastman and it cost about $790.00 w/postage but lists on the History Preservation site for $920.00 !!!!

Other than that, Eastman makes the finest leather garments I've ever seen.

Clint

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
Good advise! I also bought my Eastman jackets directly from their webshop. Fortunately I had to pay no taxes at all (because of EU), so these were good deals at all. We've an Eastman trader here in Germany, who charges up to 40-50 percent more than when you buy directly from the UK. Tom

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
HPA vs Eastman Direct

"I bought the Eastman "Air Comfort" direct from Eastman and it cost about $790.00 w/postage but lists on the History Preservation site for $920.00 !!!!"

With this firmly out in the open . . .it certainly seems the best course to go with Eastman directly . . .

But how long can HPA survive by being an overpriced deadfall for the unwary . . Doesn't quite make sense to go wandering into their neck of the woods . . .:eek:

Eastman does a bang up job . . . .and I might add so does Aero for just a smidgen less . . .

FW190

New in Town
Wow!! I never realized that buying direct was the way to go. I owned a Triumph TR-6 sports car for 20-years and the exchange rate was terrible at that time...parts were expensive to say the least. Thanks for all the advice posted here guys. The Eastman B-3 42R fits perfectly with a light shirt underneath so a B-6 in the same size should provide a little extra room for me which is desirable.

regards

FW190

New in Town
It's hard to tell the color of the Rough Wear B-6..............is it more closely compared to a Redskin? Any pics?

Thanks,

Buzz

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
yeah - redskin

Hi Buzz, sorry I've no photo at the moment, but when you're on Eastman's web site look at the Rough Wear B-3 section - this photo represents the colour of the B-6 very closely. Maybe my RW B-6 is a bit darker, surface is shiny.

Tom

ebola7

New in Town
interested in your B6

Hey Tom,

ich habe deinen Post gesehen und habe ein ähnliches Problem allerdings mit den Größen 42 und 44. Meine Frage ich suche nun nach einer B-6 von Eastman in sealbrown Größe 42 - meine RW passt mir gut. Hättest du Interesse deine regular B6 in der 42 zu verkaufen? Ich kann dir versichern ich zahle einem top Preis dafür. Vielleicht bist du auch an einem Tausch interessiert - hätte da eine M442a von Real McCoy inpetto.
Ciao
RALF

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany