Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman ELMC Californian Havana 44

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
$750 shipped USA

This is a very nice jacket but just seems a bit short on me. It has been worn, but still feels like it has some break-in left, and the Italian horsehide will continue to show more color and patina.

These are approximate measurements with the jacket laying flat, please see photos to confirm exact fit:

Pit to Pit. +-23.5 inches
Shoulders. +-19 inches
Sleeves +-26 inches
Back +-24.5

I like the S&S description of this reproduction Californian. I may have to order a new 44 long to make this jacket really work for me.

The ELMC Californian is a classic mid-century motorcyclist's jacket, with a half-belt back for a trim fit. Bi-swing shoulders add range of motion to this well-fitted piece.

Veg-tanned Italian Horsehide makes up the body of the jacket, which is hand cut and sewn at Eastman's workshop in England. The pockets are lined in 100% cotton drill for comfort and durability. The trimmings are all top-notch as well, with vintage metal zips, corozo cats-eye buttons, and shuttle loom woven labels.

The jacket is lined with Eastman's own custom-made EndZone Twill, an extremely high quality luxurious hard-wearing material, that was originally conceived in the 1940s and used in the production of military flight jackets. It is a cotton-backed rayon fabric that has an incredibly dense weave construction giving it a super-slick handle which allows the garment to slide on and off the body effortlessly.

Fit is trim, but true to size.
Italian, premium grade, veg-tanned, aniline Horsehide
  • EndZone twill - a custom-made very high quality fabric exclusive to ELMC
  • Corozo cats-eye buttons
  • Dull-nickel vintage metal zips
  • Bi-swing back
  • 100% cotton-drill pocket linings
  • Shuttle-loom woven labels
  • True to size
  • Made in England
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg
IMG_6923.jpeg
IMG_6922.jpeg
IMG_4673.JPG
IMG_3998.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I would hold this jacket up to being on par with some of the best Reproduction makers that I have handled. The quality of design, pattern, craftsmanship, leather and hardware, are all top notch, and I think that Eastman has really captured the historical accuracy, and vintage feel as well as some of the best makers we see here on TFL. This is a bargain at this price, and you don't see these pop up very often.
IMG_1688.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner