Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Eastman (ELMC) Throws Their Hat in the J-100 Ring

pawineguy

One Too Many
On IG, to be released next month. The pattern really reminds me of the DD J-100 (new pattern), which makes sense as I am sure Eastman is working from an original just as DD and JC did. Upper arms are pretty large and sleeves have a significant pre-curve. They also state it will be made from HH.

IMG_0811.PNG

Looks nice, I love Eastman's jackets but do we really need another J-100? Wouldn't it make more sense to repro any of the other similar yet distinct & fantastic mandarin collared racers, like the Brooks, Beck, Fidelity, early Harley Davidson, Bristol, Lesco, Brimaco, Taubers, etc. etc. etc.?

Fidelity CR
tumblr_mq5rebZhRr1r9rnkno1_r1_1280.jpg

Reactions: A-1

devilish

A-List Customer
That Tauber's is very nice indeed. The thing that is a personal turn off with some of the other racers out there is the action back/shoulders. It defeats the whole aesthetic for me. Turning a simple, clean design into something fussy.
My GW J-100 has an amazing range of motion without the need for this added stuff. So I as a customer would steer clear of such things. Just me. I know others will disagree.

I hear you devilish and I agree that the gusset-less racers look neater and more in the style of the design, but this is a motorcycling jacket so in terms of functionality, shoulder gussets do come in handy on a bike - but look at these beauties! This is what I'm talking about; fresh, interesting and fun take on the ever so popular racing shirt style. How many J-100's do we have now? Five?

czt_1248.jpg

mtc_12793.jpg

mtc_b127922.jpg

cct_1260_1.jpg

belopsky

One of the Regulars
that green one is amazing. i dont need it. probably cant afford it, but its awesome. ive been looking t engineer boots in that color which i also cant afford

Can't decide whether I like green or blue more. Not that it matters, can't afford either. Blue, though. I like blue one more. Just a tiny bit more.

14-21a.JPG

Vintage-Bates-Jacket-4-e1383150153411.jpg

Oh! And I apologize for straying off topic. Well, semi-straying since this is still related to the mandarin collared racer jackets. Just that, nice of Eastman to release a J-100 repro but I think that at this point in time, we all know everything there's to be known about it. So here's a wonderful photo of one. RMC, I think?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd love one of the Thedi washed green jackets but I don't know if I could pull it off enough to get a decent amount of wear out of it.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some amazing jackets in this thread. I too would love to see more Beck 666 repros. Toys McCoys makes one, but its too short for me.

That said, I don't fault ELMC for going with the Buco J-100. Its an iconic design that is in high demand among most jacket buyers who have no idea about other mandarin collar moto jackets. In other words, its a safe bet.