Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather Clothing USAAF B-3 Flying Jacket, Perry Sportswear 17808 Mixed Batch

HPA Rep

Vendor
One thing I do observe is though the Perry looks great is that it has a toughness that I personally find uncomfortable to wear.

Really? Personally, I find it no tougher than any other ELC B-3 other than the SFAD B-3, which is the most comfy, flexible ELC B-3 I've tried and do wear, and the Perry being broken in (partly) makes it noticeably more comfy for me (and for any customers who are vocal enough to let us know after purchasing one) than those that are not so broken in. But I've learned over the last 27 years in this job to never be surprised with any single reaction that runs contrary to my own experiences or the common denominator, and to just accept that we will never find 100% commonality on anything.

heron163

One of the Regulars
Charles@HPA:

I am in the market for a new B-3. My precious lost worlds B-3 in size 44 with original crown zip is now absolutely ridiculously large for me. 20 years old and looks fantastic. Over the last 2 years I have changed my physical training to almost exclusively running and cycling and have lost 30 pounds - unfortunately almost all of it upper body mass :(

Do you have a sense of how the Eastman fits compared to the Dubow? I am 5'9" about 42-43 chest, 29-30 waist. Still have gorilla arms...

I am thinking size 42 is the closest match...

HPA Rep

Vendor
Heron, congrats, I think, on the new leaner, meaner you!

I do not have experience with fit comparison's between the LW Dubow B-3 vs. ELC, I'm sorry to say. Your waist is my size now, but your chest is a good 2-3" larger, so if my visual is correct, a 42 is the smallest you could consider, and a 44 may prove what you need.

Please elaborate as to what you plan to wear most of the time under the B-3, your height and weight, and the sort of fit you want, then I can better opine on size. Also, is it indeed the Perry you are fixed on or would another style work, and is time of the essence?

Thank you very much!

heron163

One of the Regulars
Hi Charles -
I really like the look of the Perry you describe in this thread. I am right at 150 pounds right now and 5'9" tall. I would like a fairly trim fit and only wear a thin shirt under the jacket - no layers. The 44 Dubow is huge on me right now! I am in no particular rush don't know what you may have in stock but please advise.
regards,
Paul

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hi Charles -
I really like the look of the Perry you describe in this thread. I am right at 150 pounds right now and 5'9" tall. I would like a fairly trim fit and only wear a thin shirt under the jacket - no layers. The 44 Dubow is huge on me right now! I am in no particular rush don't know what you may have in stock but please advise.
regards,
Paul

Thank you very much, Paul. Hmmm, well, I'm 5' 9" tall and 150 lbs. and I wear the 40R, but your chest is bigger, so the 42R seems correct. I will let you know on Mon. what is in stock in the Perry as I will not be in the warehouse until then and our computer stock list may or may not be correct due to exchanges that can always turn up. Anything in a Perry we are out of is indeed on order and ELC indicated delivery completion on all missing sizes within 10-12 weeks, but I would certainly confirm that if we had to offer you a backorder size. Fingers crossed until Mon. morning ...

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hi Charles -
regards,
Paul

Paul, so sorry for the delay. Yesterday saw me putting out fires in every direction, but today is placid, so I checked inventory and there is no 42R in this style in stock but it is on backorder from Dec. ELC indicates the backorder not being completed on this size for a minimum of 30 days, but it could be longer. You can place a guaranteed reserve order from the backorder with a deposit of 1/3 of the cost of goods.

It may also be possible that the size 40R would work since we are the same weight and height; this size is in stock for quick shipment. Please advise as to how you may wish to proceed or if you need anything else at all. Thank you!

heron163

One of the Regulars
Hi Charles -

I took a chance on a size 42 Perry B-3 and lucked out as sleeve and body lengths are down right perfect. It may be a little loose at the waist with the side straps cinched in but not bad. Upper chest and shoulders fit well. I am amazed how close it resembles the original B-3’s pictured in this thread. I find it warm enough with just a t shirt underneath. When compared to my L-W Dubow, the L-W sheepskin is much thicker, straps and collar much larger etc. Sadly, the L-W is way too large for my much reduced mass. It is such a beautiful jacket and has barely shown 20 years of age.

Thank you for excellent information and will be getting back re. New jacket.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana