Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather Clothing USAC A-2 Flying Jacket, Werber Leather Coat Co. 1729

HPA Rep

Vendor
I'm modeling the latest Eastman Werber Leather Coat Co. A-2 jacket in their Vintage WarHorse horsehide in Havana Brown. This leather is fully aniline dyed and fully vegetable tanned by a top-quality tannery in Italy. The hides have a robust grain of deep rivulets and valleys that speak of immense character and which wear-in wonderfully, yielding a vintage patina readily.

Another authentic aspect of this A-2 is its hand and the weight: this feels like a vintage A-2 and it weighs in like a vintage A-2. Most of the high-end A-2 jackets are just too heavy to be authentic; after all, it was designated a Summer Flying Jacket. Vintage A-2 jackets that correctly measure out to a size 40 typically weigh very close to 3 lbs. (most are just a few ounces over it). This Werber A-2 in Vintage WarHorse in size 40R weighs in at 3 lbs. 3 ozs. – just about perfect!

For reference purposes, my build is as follows: chest 40", 5' 9" tall, waist 30", shirt sleeve 33", weight 147 lbs., lean, athletic build. The jacket is a 40R that I'm wearing.

We have sizes 38R-48R in stock, and long and extra-long fittings are available on order. Both sleeve and body lengths grade up by 0.5" as the jacket sizes increase, thus a 42R is 0.5" longer in these areas of measure than a 40R and so on ...

All items that we ship to Canada are assumed by Canadian customs officials to be of U. S. origin, thus qualifying for duty-free import under NAFTA, so Canadian customers benefit greatly and should only have to pay national and provincial taxes, which are, for the most, unavoidable and would apply to items even of Canadian origin.

You can see product details, detailed and larger images, fit tips, and product measurements on our website:
I'm modeling the latest Eastman Werber Leather Coat Co. A-2 jacket in their Vintage WarHorse horsehide in Havana Brown. This leather is fully aniline dyed and fully vegetable tanned by a top-quality tannery in Italy. The hides have a robust grain of deep rivulets and valleys that speak of immense character and which wear-in wonderfully, yielding a vintage patina readily.

You can see product details, detailed and larger images, fit tips, and product measurements on our website:

https://www.historypreservation.com...-jacket-werber-leather-coat-co-contract-1729/

Werber-A2-front.jpg Werber-A2-side.jpg Werber-A2-back.jpg _DSC0003_wo.jpg _DSC0015_wo.jpg _DSC0004_wo.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner