Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Okinawa Pant

Slimpikins

New in Town
I have been considering the Eastman Okinawa pants in olive drab; they have that nice comfortable look to them, much like the original Levi button fly 501's I used to wear a way back in college (they were full straight leg heavy duty jeans with a lot of room in the thighs). Levi has changed the fit of their jeans so radically over the years that I don't even bother with them any longer.
Has anyone purchased these combat pants? They are only in even sizes and I currently fit best in Carhart canvas work pants size 35x32 leg. The Okinawa combat pants are 34 or 36 and if they are a fuller size cut, I am thinking 34 might be the best size but they may be a little tight in the waist.

Dav

One Too Many
I can't speak about the Eastman's but when I bought some canvas pants from Carhartt I had to drop two sizes as they're way oversized, I'd measure the ones you have and order the Eastman pair in that size rather than go by the tag.

Slimpikins

New in Town
Honestly I find the Carhartt line to be fairly good in sizing. I always wore a 34 in Levi jeans, I can fit into a 34 in Carhartt, but find the 35 over all works more comfortably for me. I did get one pair of their newer "stretch" type jean, and those fall off of me, just too loose. Their heavy duty canvas jeans are best in 35 as the pants are rather stiff in flex.
David at Eastman suggested the size 34 in the Okinawa as he said they are cut on the large side. I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually ordered them.

Slimpikins

New in Town
Thanks for the link. I don't think that they are very authentic in fabric from what I can see and based on the description about different labels being displayed on the production, I suspect that they are a Chinese product.
I know Eastman is expensive, very expensive, but I have two of Gary Eastman's jackets, one is an A-2 from the mid 90's which was their fit version vs. strict military specs of the 40's and it fits very well. Plus it is made from beautiful russet Horsehide which has worn perfectly over 20 years. My dads Cable Rain Coat contract Goat skin A-2 (with name tag and original "Hellbirds" group patch) is doing fairly well considering I killed it wearing it on a Harley through the 1970's in rain and sun and of course multiple parties with girls at the local pubs. I won't even consider wearing the 75 year old original, its just too far gone and too small now for me. I keep it well protected.
Since I have so many original WW2 items from my father, I like to buy items which come close to the quality, feel, fit and comfort level of what they produced back then. Thus far Eastman seems to get it right and that is why I was looking at their Okinawa pant.

Thanks for the Stan Ray link. I like that they make fatigue pants in all sorts of fabrics, but those 80s painter pants have to go-
124FC23D-5146-4866-BAEB-218590989303.jpeg
459A5FB8-49EA-4CA3-92B1-6AB2982B344C.jpeg

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Thanks for the link. I don't think that they are very authentic in fabric from what I can see and based on the description about different labels being displayed on the production, I suspect that they are a Chinese product.

Stan Ray and Gung Ho are made in USA. I have a few of those.
Earl's/Stan Ray is a small USA made operation. A single family is running the entire operation-- hand sewing each pair. Please allow sufficient time for processing. Thanks for being patient and for buying American!

Cornelius

Practically Family
I have a pair of the Stan Ray fatigue pants, basically never wear them any more as, oddly, the front pocket openings are so small I can barely get my hand in to retrieve keys, etc. 32" waist, and I wear a size 9.5/10 glove - nothing extraordinary.

And yes, Carhartts are vanity-sized in the waist. My waist measures a true 33" but trying on a pair of double-fronts at a workwear store I had to swap down to a 31"-marked waist to keep them from falling off my ass.

Reactions: Dav

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points