Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Roadstar Crosszip

Powerband

Practically Family
Jacket came today and I took a few, quick cellphone pictures in my garage workshop with terrible lighting (sorry!). Let me know your thoughts on fit.

Thanks.

22D26941-61D2-4F0D-83EB-9179B99BFE00.jpeg

0415275D-FF59-48B8-B627-B9A01E760133.jpeg

8D363417-61C8-441A-B7B5-C877B8949B0D.jpeg

CEC5F9ED-8AFB-47B1-BE8C-1C5708E1FA85.jpeg

E2DEC7F6-CC7A-478E-A0D2-D0A526DA083B.jpeg

2A0DBDC3-D574-4129-AF2C-C2706E71DBA1.jpeg

623BF9F0-D84B-442B-97CC-9A6E293D8E64.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Jacket came today and I took a few, quick cellphone pictures in my garage workshop with terrible lighting (sorry!). Let me know your thoughts on fit.

Thanks.

View attachment 478711

View attachment 478712

View attachment 478713

View attachment 478714

View attachment 478715

View attachment 478716
View attachment 478717
This jacket looks amazing, perfect fit. Congrats.

One of the nicest looking Buco j21 / j24 inspired jackets on the market imo. Somehow it looks more interesting than the stitch by stitch perfect Japanese repros.

Mystery solved- you definitely are a 40 in this make/model. Perfectly so. Glad it worked out quick and easy.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
This jacket looks amazing, perfect fit. Congrats.

One of the nicest looking Buco j21 / j24 inspired jackets on the market imo. Somehow it looks more interesting than the stitch by stitch perfect Japanese repros.
Absolutely, I see it exactly the same. The ELMC Roadstar is, to my mind, THE J24 Buco Jacket inspired on the market. I own one myself and love it more than anything and also my choice before an RMC etc. The jacket has a very tapered cut and therefore not made for every body type but the leather, a bit lighter but still tough, is fantastic in my opinion.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Were the measurements of the 40 I have for sale that I posted above the same as the 40 you received?

This looks great on you though, perfect size for you. Is it Black, its hard to tell with the lightning.

Powerband

Practically Family
Were the measurements of the 40 I have for sale that I posted above the same as the 40 you received?

This looks great on you though, perfect size for you. Is it Black, its hard to tell with the lightning.

It’s what I found confusing about the sizes for jackets with the same size label, that the individual specs are meaningfully different. As actual measurements, mine are:

P2P 22.25
Shoulders 17.5
Sleeves round the outside: 24.25
Length: 24.25

I know of course there are some variations from jacket-to-jacket of the same size label, and I’ve always expected and accepted that, but to go from shoulders of 19 (yours) to shoulders of 17.5 (mine), the difference is not small. Same with sleeve length difference between yours and mine. And there’s Marc’s size 42 which has a back length of 24 while my size 40 has a back length of 24.25. And then there’s newtojackets’ size 38 whose shoulder width is 18.5 compared to my size 40’s shoulder width of 17.5.

These differences seem to reflect the variations in this jacket rather than measurements given by various stockists.

In any case, I love this (black) jacket and the aroma is as intoxicating as rum on a summer night.

Last edited:

attack_decay

Familiar Face
So I just grabbed one of these during Standard and Strange's recent sale. I also got a size 40 and agree that their measurements are very inaccurate.

Here are my measurements for sz 40:

P2P: 22"
Front length: 24.75"
Back length: 24.25"
Shoulders: 18.25"
Sleeve (measures around the curve): 25.5"

Took a bit of a shot in the dark, guessed that 40 would work for me because that's what I wear in the ELMC Californian. Fits great. Very flattering taper and love the added room at the sleeve holes compared to the Californian.

Powerband

Practically Family
So I just grabbed one of these during Standard and Strange's recent sale. I also got a size 40 and agree that their measurements are very inaccurate.

Here are my measurements for sz 40:

P2P: 22"
Front length: 24.75"
Back length: 24.25"
Shoulders: 18.25"
Sleeve (measures around the curve): 25.5"

Took a bit of a shot in the dark, guessed that 40 would work for me because that's what I wear in the ELMC Californian. Fits great. Very flattering taper and love the added room at the sleeve holes compared to the Californian.

Congrats! It’s a great jacket. As for S&S measurement, and having ordered numerous jackets from them since this post, it’s almost as if you have to call them and walk them through the measurements, but in my experience they’re defensive and believe they know what they’re doing, even though their measurement methods seem very inconsistent from one store to another, from one person to another. They’re great people, but sometimes I feel like they hire amateurs.

attack_decay

Familiar Face
Congrats! It’s a great jacket. As for S&S measurement, and having ordered numerous jackets from them since this post, it’s almost as if you have to call them and walk them through the measurements, but in my experience they’re defensive and believe they know what they’re doing, even though their measurement methods seem very inconsistent from one store to another, from one person to another. They’re great people, but sometimes I feel like they hire amateurs.
They certainly have terrific customer service but it is surprising their measurements are so far off. Maybe the folks that are more likely to work in a retail store tend to be people less experienced with online shopping because they tend to have access to retail locations.

It's also frustrating that Eastman/ELMC doesn't post measurements on their website. Not sure how you're supposed to buy with any confidence without some measurements.

attack_decay

Familiar Face
For those of you who own this jacket, or others with leather pulls on the sleeve zippers, what are your thoughts on them? My initial instinct is that they are annoying and I want to remove them but they certainly make zipping the sleeves nicer. Should I give them a chance and see if I warm to them?

Powerband

Practically Family
My wife doesn’t like crap hanging from the jacket and I’m indifference, so I removed them and store them in one of the pockets I don’t use.

attack_decay

Familiar Face
My wife doesn’t like crap hanging from the jacket and I’m indifference, so I removed them and store them in one of the pockets I don’t use.
I like the pulls on the front of the jacket but the sleeve pulls were driving me nuts and were removed after about 15 minutes in the jacket.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For those of you who own this jacket, or others with leather pulls on the sleeve zippers, what are your thoughts on them? My initial instinct is that they are annoying and I want to remove them but they certainly make zipping the sleeves nicer. Should I give them a chance and see if I warm to them?
I trim them down. The certainly help but are way to long. I just cut off about half the length. Best of both worlds, it keeps the ease of zipping but removes the streamer/ribbon look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112