Eastman Windward with help from Johnson Leathers

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by oneterrifichog, Dec 20, 2019.

1. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

I picked up this Eastman Windward last year but shortly after it arrived the zip just gave up the ghost. Damn no matter what, I could not get the zip to stay together. So on December 3rd I contacted Damon at Johnson Leather and we decided to up the Zip grade to a #8 zip instead of a #5 for increased strength and ease of connectivity. Damon didn't have a zip on hand long enough or the right color so he ordered one with neither of us knowing when it would arrive. Less than a week later the zip arrived and I think they turned this puppy immediately because it arrived today. Johnson Leather is awesome!! Great Job Guys!!
    IMG_0994.JPG
    Eastman.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG

ljs1960, bond, jacketjunkie and 18 others like this.
  2. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Looks great! Great service. I think a #8 zip is a really solid choice

oneterrifichog likes this.
  3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very nice!!!

I had a great experance woth them too - highly reccommend! :)

4. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I haven't had any problems with my Windward zipper, but I wouldn't mind if it had been made with a slightly more robust main zipper, and had a zip on the breast pocket.

5. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

Awesome jacket and perfect fit. The great experience just made it even more enjoyable.

6. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is a nice jacket! I had Al put a #8 into my Aero Hercules CXL Steerhide Sheerling last year because it shredded, and he said that many of the jackets that he sees could use a #8. It is amazing how they lined up the original sewing holes. They do great work at JL.

Psant25 likes this.
  7. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

Yep they did a decent job on the install of the zip. I prefer the larger zips even though the original jackets had smaller gauge zips the larger ones make it so much easier to slide in and frankly I think they work much better.

Psant25 likes this.
  8. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

I'm with you regarding function over aesthetics and much prefer a zipper that is easily used and reliable over the smaller, more period correct zips. Your's looking good these days Wilbur. The top of that little hill in E Tennesse called Signal Mountain seems to continue to agree with you.