Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EBAY ALERT FOR YOU BIG-HEADED GUYS!

STHill

One of the Regulars
Go to ebay and enter "vintage knox hat" (sorry, I don't have the slightest idea how to post a live link). Anyway, scroll down and you'll find a very nice charcoal Knox homburg in 7 5/8. Art should be able to stretch it some, if needed.

Oh, and scroll down a little further and you'll see a vintage Knox hat box that should fit it perfectly!

Originally posted by Zohar
Nope, too rich for my blood right now. I'm going to let James have it.

I am watching with bated breath. ;) Back off all my big headed hombres. LOL LOL LOL
We should start a big-headed brotherhood. Only those 7 1/2 and above need to apply. That would probably encompass four people. LOL LOL
As an aside, I wore my Borsalino last night to a local council meeting (did not remove it by the way). A friend told me that he was a 7 5/8. He put on the hat and figured out he wasn't real fast. I think there was room enough for another head under there. :D

Regards to all,

J

Canadave

One Too Many
...A friend told me that he was a 7 5/8. He put on the hat and figured out he wasn't real fast. I think there was room enough for another head under there... :D [/B]

Yeah...here's what happens with me. I'm wearing my hat and someone comments on it. I offer some info about having it made, stretching it etc, since I have a big head.

"Oh, my husband has a big head too." or "I have a big head too."

Yeah...right! Exactly how big, pinhead? Here, try this on. After it slips down over their ears, I take it back and walk away. (Well, not quite, but you get the idea. ;))

David

Originally posted by Canadave
Yeah...here's what happens with me. I'm wearing my hat and someone comments on it. I offer some info about having it made, stretching it etc, since I have a big head.

"Oh, my husband has a big head too." or "I have a big head too."

Yeah...right! Exactly how big, pinhead? Here, try this on. After it slips down over their ears, I take it back and walk away. (Well, not quite, but you get the idea. ;))

David

At least you get to walk away without comment. They always have something interesting to say for me. Like: "Gee if a flood comes I know where to get a rowboat" or "how many people live under that after you take it off?" LOL LOL
I love it though. This gives me a chance to remind them that brains occupy that big head. :D

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by Canadave
You kicked bimmerzimmer's @ss, with 7 seconds to spare!!!

Congrats, James!

David

I learned a lot from watching old movies. You always hit them when they least expect it. Poor fellow probably thought he had it in the bag. I sort of feel bad for him---Not! LOL LOL LOL LOL
There is something to be said for a fast connection. :D

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by STHill
Glad to see you got it, J.P.

Thanks for the heads up in the first place STHill. If you were close I would buy you a beer or whatever your poison is. :D I could imagine us sitting at the bar with our hats on. Me sipping a Martini, stirred not shaken, and you with a nice Old Fashioned or Manhattan. ;)
If you happen to see another such "rowboat," send it my way. :cool2:
I am still looking for a 7 7/8 for David. Poor guy needs a nice wide brim fedora with a 2" grosgrain ribbon. All I can find are boaters in 7 3/4. Darn! What do you think David? Maybe a Homburg or a Fedora? Any preference? I like a challenge. :D

Regards to all,

J

Paladin

One of the Regulars
New forum member with a big head....

I've just registered today after discovering this forum, seems like a great place. Doubly nice to find "big-heads" here as well. I'm a 24 1/8", have always had trouble finding hats. Any particular web sites you guys would direct me to for Borsalinos, Panamas, etc.? Thanks, and I look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome

Welcome Paladin.
You no doubt have noticed that you fall somewhere in between David, Zohar and I in the Big-Headed League here. LOL LOL
For panamas, contact PanamaBob here. He is the man to got to for a panama even in our sizes. :D
The other styles of hats are a hit and miss. You just have to find out who carries larger sizes.
For Borsalino, I think they may be able to order something in your size. Check your local hatters. Where are you located? Maybe someone here can refer you to a local guy or you go to one of our hat magicians here.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. David, do not worry you still hold the title of biggest head in the Big-Headed League. LOL

Canadave

One Too Many
Re: New forum member with a big head....

Originally posted by Paladin
I'm a 24 1/8...

Wow, how do you stay upright with a melon like that? Seriously, you scared me for a second. I had to check my signature to make sure I still hold the title. So, are you about a 7 3/4?

Welcome to the lounge. I feel your pain! ;)

David

PS What hats do you currently own?

Zane

Suspended
Hello Paladin, thank you for your post. I would like to recommend 2 hat companies largely over looked that both make top quality commercial lines hats. Biltmore from Canada an numerous distributors in USA and Selentino with a few distributors.

Both are reasonably priced hats if you shop around and both know there are still people that appreciate quality more than a popular world famous name and both know that some people are larger than 7 5/8. A link which I do not have currently and I have not seen posted is Myer the hatter in LA not CA but the state. he is an old time hat seller that can have any hat reblocked to long oval and ect and has fair pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points